Wee Foal 38 question

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bonny

past member - Someone just shoot me!
Reaction score
The wee foal 38 has two lines when positive, and color of lines is not to be compared.

The 2 lines are the T line, which is closest to the well where you place the urine. The C line is next to that.

Ok so to ne positive Both the T line and the C line are to be present, even if not comparing the darkness of the lines.

Ok I get that.....

If the test reads Negative there will be ONE line however its the T line that is showing as negative

That leads me to believe that the C line is where we are looking for the pregnancy to be detected... ( hope I havent lost yall so far...)

I preformed a wee foal 38 today. The results I got were a dark pink C line the T line was blurred into the C line and after 10 minutes was very faint....which that result is completely opposite of the instruction sheet....

So I am left wondering if the test is defective.... Or has anyone else had this result?

I am posting pics of the instruction sheet and of my test.. very hard to see the faint line in the picture... slightly more visible in person...

I do have an email sent to Susan at wee foal....

2-11-11064.jpg

2-11-11062-1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I've had the same results as yours and the mare was negative. Not in foal. If there is any doubt retest with the 38 again, or if you can wait, do the 120 test.

Becky, your T line was also faded?

How did you find out she wasnt bred? did you retest?

I had a very faint T line, so I wasn't sure how to interpret the results. So, I retested.

oh ok When you re tested, was the T line absent or the Cline?

Thanks I am talking to Susan now....

The mares urine was very thick so I am not sure if thats what blurred the line....

C stands for Control, that always should be there to let you know the test is not malfunctioning. The T stands for Test. Here is the result I got this year for my Buffy, I tested at day 57 with a positive result. She's at day 310 today, and most definitely pregnant.

57daysweefoal38-1.jpg

And this one is one of a negative mare. The T line was faint but I doubted the result, and so I retested in a few months and got a definite negative. I think that maybe she was absorbing close to the time of the first test.

SDC15354.jpg

Ok this is very confusing.... I dont think the instruction sheet is correct then....

Susan just told me if there are 2 lines even if one is faint, its a positive.... do not compare the 2 test lines...

Ok I think I have really confused myself...see when I first did the test at 10-20 minutes the results looked different... they were smeared... so I had to leave to go get my son so I put the wee foal in the fridge so I could re read when I got back...thats the first pic I posted.

The first picture I took was when it was smeared ...when I first tested the 1st line was there, then it spread out and crossed the second line.

Because I didnt understand it I put it back in the fridge to deal with when I got back. I am thinkng now that ,ay not have been the right thing to do.

Here is the pic 15 minutes after I did the test:

2-11-11052.jpg

I had the exact same results from two different mares last week. It baffled me too, as it seemed to conflict with the instructions. Neither mare has returned, one is 80 days along, the other 87. I emailed weefoal with photos of both results, and Susan informed me that this was a positive result, and the hormone just was starting to drop now that they were getting closer to the end of the test time (day 120). It apparently peaks at day 60, so around this time should be two bold lines, and much before, and much after this time, the 2nd line gets fainter as the hormones in the mare arent as strong.

I will be retesting at day 120, so we'll see how it goes!

Latest posts

Back