websites

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pinck43

Reaction score
How many of you have designed your own websites? What software have you used and are they user friendly. I would like to try and do my own. thanks, dionne

I designed ours on my own. We used Yahoo. I had downloaded Pagebuilder from Yahoo to build it with, but it was slow and not working well at all. I then downloaded Sitebuilder from Yahoo and it works perfect. Quick, easy to use and plenty of features.

Victory Pass Stable

I did my own website and started it probably 6 or 7 years ago. The programs I use are just the composer that comes with (or used to come with?) Netscape for free, and Coffee Cup HTML. I constantly update it and find it easy to do. It's hosted by Earthlink and I've never known it to be down or out of service.

My site is here: www.whinny4me.com

hmm have made my own, and for other people several times. I prefer simple sites without all those annyoing flashy thingies that does nothing but flash.

I have also mate sites for other people a few times, used Frontpage for some stuff, but else I used notepad to just write raw html code and I programmed quite a bit in php/mysql to hook up websites to databases, making it very easy to "online edit" when you got a new horse and so on

I used freewebs but i designed it on my own and i am 12 yrs old!LOL

I just finished mine and got it up a couple of weeks ago....though I am doing some changes to it that I haven't got uploaded to the site yet.

http://www.esrohollow.com

I have a Mac and used iWeb which came already installed, and omg it was very, very easy!!!!

~kathryn

Hi,

I desinged/made my own. I go threw www.register.com. They make it pretty user friendly.

My husband designed ours through "GoDaddy". Which was not expensive at all, and they were very, very helpful. They have a website builder with templates to get you started and everything else you need. It only took him a couple of days to do it. We'd never done anything like that before and he was on the phone with them many times and they were very helpful and patient and the customer service was good. The only thing we should have done differently was load the photos on to the website in JPEG format because they would load a lot faster. I think they are in PNG format right now and we haven't taken the time yet to change them. I really like GoDaddy, it wasn't expensive, it was very user friendly and easy to figure out, they were helpful and now we can change it or update it anytime we want.

Enchanted Hollow

Hi,

I desinged/made my own. I go threw www.register.com. They make it pretty user friendly.
hmm most programs can do a batch of images at the same time, where you just select which pictures you want converted and then select convert to jpg, then you upload those and change the pages to have imagename.jpg instead of imagename.png

conversion takes a couple minutes, changing the pages takes a bit longer depending on how many you have to change

I do my own and few for other people. I started teaching myself to write html code at 13 or so when we first got the net. Now I have a degree in it.

I use Dreamweaver most of the time now. I use a LOT of php/mysql now and html of course.

I use Aplus.net for hosting services and ya get tons of features with their plans (i'm pretty sure they have templates available too) and I never have a problem with the sites going down or anything like that, I've used them almost 5 years now and I think maybe twice or so theyve done maintainence on the servers in the middle of the night so sites are down a couple hrs, but all hosting places have to do that occassionally. I get EXCELLENT tech support with them too, they are VERY helpful!

I do my own website, i use freewebs ..its simple and easy to use. I can go in and update it anytime i wish or when i have a horse to add or mark sold.

http://www.GreenCreekStable.com

I am constantly changing it around, i have yet to find a layout i actually like.

I use godaddy.com for my hosting and domain. But I designed my own. Been doing it for 10 years now. I use frontpage.

Latest posts

Back