website pictures help

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eagles ring farm

Reaction score
we use freewebs and I have been able to do a slide picture that I can click and make larger

how do you have a picture on your site that you can click to make large there must be a better way I haven't learned

Thanks for any help

Lori

Lori, I'm not quite sure exactly what you mean, but I'll give it a go. If you're using freewebs, the way I make my pics larger or smaller on the site is once I upload them and you're in the editing mode, you can move your mouse arrow and drag the size you want...in or out. In other words you yourself can manipulate the size from the edit mode...don't need to resize using numbers or such. Hope that helps a little bit.

sorry if my question was a little confusing. I do know that part .

I wanted to know how people have a picture on their site one size but when you click on the picture it becomes larger than what is on their site. like it says click to enlarge this image?

I'm not sure if freewebs offers this but look for something called thumbnail. That is what my program has - I don't like it on mine as the thumbnail is to small and enlarging it blurs it, but when you click it will take you to another page that has the larger photo.

You can also make a second page with the larger size photo and have the smaller one 'clickable'. If you do this the smaller one should be sized/compressed to be the size you want shown as just draggin resizing won't make it load faster than the regular size one.

I do have some thumbnails on my previous foals accessed from my mares page

but I thought there was a simpiler way to do it

and yes my thum nails are real small would like to start a little larger

here is an example of what I have

lace's previous foals

thanks for al the help

Lori

I am not familiar with your particular web designing program, but you don't have a large enough photo uploaded...it can only enlarge the photo to the biggest size you have given it.

Try putting up larger photos to click to, and see what happens.

Hi Lori.This is how I do it on my website. Create 2 different size photos of your photograph. The thumbnail about 130x87 and the larger photo702x470 in size, Upload them to your website. Install the small photo in the webpage were you want it. Now create a new page and install the large photo. Go back to the small photo on your main webpage and highlight it. Now link the thumbnail to the page were your large photo is. I hope this helps you Lori.If you go to my website and click on the KenBen Equine Photography button. You can see how I did it.

http://www.geocities.com/kenbenca/homepage.html

KenBen

Latest posts

Back