Website Critique Please

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Christina_M

Reaction score
I'm going to re-do the Area 2 website. I have learned alot in my recent Web Design class and I know that the current website needs some help.

Please critique the Area 2 website www.ShetlandMiniatureArea2.com

The website is designed for you (members and non-members) and people who maybe in the market for small equine. It would help me tremendously, if you could take a look at the website and let me know your thoughts. Since I designed the website, it is easy to use for me, but is it easy for you to use? If you like something or don't like something, please let me know. I can take the heat.
default_smile.png

Here are some of my thoughts, in no particular order.

1. We need some more pictures so people can see that small equine are beautiful. Feel free send me your favorite pics to use on the website at christina.melton (at) gmail.com

2. The website should be directed to both non-horsey people so maybe they will become horsey people, as well as, Area 2 members. Is it easy to read and understand?

3. The Shetland page should be broken into separate pages, Classic and Foundation, Modern, etc.

4. The shetland article should be deleted and put a brief description of each breed.

5. Have a youth page that explains the things to do for kids. (Do we have things for them or just awards?)

6. Create a forms page with all the forms on it, instead of having the forms in the text of the pages or have both?

7. For the shows page - break-up the list of shows into separate tables; Area 2 shows, Area and National shows, then any other shows that are not in Area 2?

8. The email addresses should not be written out because webcrawlers can pick up the email addresses and send spam. Instead they should be "hidden" in a clickable link that brings up your email program with the address in it.

9. Remove the "click here". Website users know what a link is without the "click here", right?

I'm also not very familar with Modern or Modern Pleasure or the Show Pony. If you are familar with them, I would appreciate anyone who would like to write the descriptions and help pick out some pictures for the website.

Thanks in advance for your help!!

Edited to include a hyperlink.

--------------------

Christina Melton

Dynamic Farm

Circleville, OH

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm looking for any website critiques. You don't have to be an Area 2 member to post. I value everyone's comments, so please don't be shy.

Thanks!

I only had a quick second to glance at it but I thought it looked good.

I do think that a few more photos would be nice in my opinion.
default_smile.png

Everything looks great. Very clean and organized. But I agree it deffinently need some pictures to liven it up, bring in more color, make the individual pages sorta pop out from all the other pages.

Latest posts

Back