Web Cam Hosts

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
MareStare her also. I had a watcher from New Zealand call me one year to tell me a mare was in labor and then another from Canada..it was great. Heather is great and they are always updating their system.

If you want to see who uses Mare Stare, you can just go to the website and all the farms are listed......

I had someone call me from another country (can't remember where now) and it turned out to be a colic not labor. But needing my attention anyway!!!

Thanks everyone. I know of Marestare but was wondering what other companies are out there.

Last night I came across Wefoal and a few others.
default_biggrin.png
Comparing rates and all that stuff now.

Thanks again
default_saludando.gif

Just my opinion, but I would think about what you really want to get out of your cam. If you just want friends (or forum members!) to view it or if you want, quite literally, the whole world to watch. Do you really want to get calls in the middle of the night that might be false alarms? (I would rather have those than NOT have calls when needed). I also found that the cost of cam hosting is such a tiny part of the cost of foaling, cameras, foal alarms, etc, that I wouldn't even consider minor differences in price. I also would not discount the power of a lot of watchers hoping and praying for a good outcome.

Not having horses (at the present) I can only say what a friend of mine uses, she uses cyberfoal, I have no info on them though.

I'm sure nothings even been born on cyberfoal yet. Marestare has proven itself time in and time out with a proven, trustworthy "staff" to say the least! Their is no place on the internet even close for the safety of mare and foal.
default_firstprize.gif
default_worshippy.gif
default_firstprize.gif
default_worshippy.gif
default_firstprize.gif
default_worshippy.gif

Marestare has proven itself time in and time out with a proven, trustworthy "staff" to say the least! Their is no place on the internet even close for the safety of mare and foal.
default_firstprize.gif
default_worshippy.gif
default_firstprize.gif
default_worshippy.gif
default_firstprize.gif
default_worshippy.gif

DITTO!!! I will never be without Marestare! And the forum members are awsome too!!! I don't mind the false alarm calls in the middle of the night at all. I work fulltime and sleep peacefully knowing there are MANY eyes watching for me!

Last edited by a moderator:
I couldnt recommend Marestare enough either. Just LOVE them, the site, and all the forum members. People are dedicated "marestarers" and i have had phone calls that my mare is about to foal before even my halter alarm goes off!

One of my foals even owes its life to marestarers!
default_wub.png

The cost is very reasonable, and the service is second to none. It is known, and there are members, from all over the world, so there is always someone watching due to the different time zones.

I love it.

Marestare all the way!! lol
default_biggrin.png
default_aktion033.gif
default_firstprize.gif

I use MareStare also and will always.....I too had a maiden mare start foaling and my Breeder Alert didn't go off. She needed minor assistance and I thank the Lord that someone called me. One night my cam went off and someone was right on it to let me know. GREAT service....

Thank you so much for the words of praise. We try very hard to provide the best service at the lowest pricing available. And you are right - what good is cheaper if no one is watching? We hosted over 300 live cams (public and private) around the world last year with over 1100 births. It was pretty amazing and we expect even more this year. We started to keep a tally of "saves" when we caught a mare or foal cast, or colicing...a cow that choked...babies arriving with no one home...so many problems stopped or prevented because of the cams. The educational aspect of watching is also valuable. I saved two of my foals last year because I watched similar foalings online and knew what to do.

Having a cam online is priceless, regardless of who you sign on with. Just make sure it's a reputable company that will provide what they promise, allowing you the the peace of mind you are seeking.

It doesn't get any better than Mare Stare!

The quality of service, the updated website and technology, and the quality of the starers are the best of the best! And just like others have said it is very reasonably priced! But who can put a price on one of your animals lives!! I have seen many a mare and foal saved because of the alertness and quickness of the viewers. What good is a free or cheaper service, when there are no viewers? Right now Mare Stare has 4600 members! I don't know of another cam hosting site out there that can boast that many eyes! And these viewers are dedicated!

As far as the service goes, I have seen Rich and Heather stay up all hours of the night to get a cam up so there will be eyes on someones mare! It doesn't get any quicker than that! I have seen services that took 4-5 days to take care of a cam issue! Who has 4-5 days when you have a mare who could foal at any minute!

The best thing about Mare Stare is the wonderful friendships that I have found and everyone there feels like family
default_smile.png
People truly care about the horses the watch just like they were their own
default_smile.png

Latest posts

Back