We need the truth squad..

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The more I learn of this man the more I am sickened
default_no.gif

"To pile insult onto injury here, the Mother doesn't even want to force the issue of telling Obama to stop exploiting her son because she wants to see him win the election. Obama is not only taking advantage of this brave soldier's death, he is taking advantage of the good wishes of the man's Mother who doesn't want to hurt the campaign.

This all makes Obama look pretty calculating and blood chillingly callous, doesn't it?

And, why is the media not playing this story? The radio show on which this interview is heard happened all the way back in March. How is it the media missed this? Is it because they are also don't want to hurt Obama's campaign?

I can only say that if the parents of the soldier whose bracelet John McCain is wearing had said in public that they want him to stop wearing their son's bracelet the news would have been coast to coast, and wall to wall, not just ignored in Madison, Wisconsin.

Obama's use of this soldier that fell in the line of duty is tainted by his ambition and callousness. And the media is letting him get away with it."

You know I am apalled at the media..I believe 2008 is the year that our media "died" and many voters just don't have the time/ take the time..to truly look into the issues..

You know I am apalled at the media..I believe 2008 is the year that our media "died" and many voters just don't have the time/ take the time..to truly look into the issues..

No, that died with Bush's very first Presidential campaign. He set a new precedent in shifting truths to fit his campaign. Any one remember Swift Boat? Its very name has become synonymous with basically telling a lie to fit your agenda. Look it up, it was proved false, but of course, only after the election.

If she didnt want him to wear the bracelet, then why was it given to him? Surely she knew that it would be a talking point. Or was it that she didnt realize the effect it would have on her to hear his name used? If they did indeed ask Barrack to stop using his name, then he should stop. But saying you asked and actually having asked, are 2 different things.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thats horrible, I feel so bad for the family.

Obama will do and say anything that he thinks will make him look good, although not remembering the name made him look really foolish.

Here is an AP story...Not Fox News...

Soldier's mother 'ecstatic' about Obama's bracelet

By DINESH RAMDE – 22 hours ago

MILWAUKEE (AP) — The mother of a Wisconsin soldier who died in Iraq says she was "ecstatic" when Democratic presidential nominee Barack Obama mentioned during Friday's debate the bracelet she gave him in honor of her son.

Tracy Jopek of Merrill told The Associated Press on Sunday she was honored that Obama remembered Sgt. Ryan David Jopek, who was killed in 2006 by a roadside bomb.

Jopek criticized Internet reports suggesting Obama, D-Ill., exploited her son for political purposes.

"I don't understand how people can take that and turn it into some garbage on the Internet," she said.

Jopek acknowledged e-mailing the Obama campaign in February asking that the presidential candidate not mention her son in speeches or debates. But she said Obama's mention on Friday was appropriate because he was responding after Sen. John McCain, the Republican nominee, said a soldier's mother gave him a bracelet.

"I've got a bracelet, too, from Sergeant — from the mother of Sergeant Ryan David Jopek, given to me in Green Bay," Obama said during the debate. "She asked me, 'Can you please make sure another mother is not going through what I'm going through?' No U.S. soldier ever dies in vain because they're carrying out the missions of their commander in chief. And we honor all the service that they've provided."

Jopek says Obama's comment rightfully suggested there's more than one viewpoint on the war.

She wouldn't directly say whether she wanted Obama to refrain from mentioning the bracelet again, but said she hopes the issue will just go away.

"I think these bracelets should be looked upon as an honor that both candidates wear them to respect the troops," Jopek said. "My request to both of them is that they honor the troops by lifting the conversation to the issues, and that they continue to live up to the standards our military deserves."

The whole thing with this was the mother had emailed and asked them not to use the bracelet for his campaign. The father was on the news via phone and said she told him that since she was an Obama supporter that she just wanted him to know her sons name. He (the fallen soldiers father) wishes he would not use the bracelet. He didn't want his dead son memory exploited. I can't blaime him!

littlesteppers - once again, we need to consider the source. The link you provided is a very conservative blogger so of course he is going to favour his view of any issue - that goes without saying. Nothing wrong with that - but it does not mean that his slant on things is 100% correct. Has Obama "continually" been mentioning this bracelet on the campaign trail?? No.... but whatever. The exact truth is likely somewhere between the AP story and that blog - and thus nothing scandalous. Unless one makes it so. The actual issues facing the country are far more important than the way both sides constantly try to defame the candidates...

Yes, I am the one that brought it up... I don't believe that what he did was wrong. And his Mom agreed.

Vet's Mom Pleased Obama Mentioned Bracelet

Tracy Jopek Rips 'Garbage On The Internet'

POSTED: 10:06 am CDT September 29, 2008

UPDATED: 10:10 am CDT September 29, 2008

The mother of a Wisconsin soldier killed in Iraq said she was proud when presidential candidate Sen. Barack Obama mentioned during Friday's debate that he wears the bracelet she gave him in honor of her son. And she had harsh words for critics who said Obama exploited her son for political gain.

"I don't understand how people can take that and turn it into some garbage on the Internet," Tracy Jopek said.

Sgt. Ryan Jopek was killed by a roadside bomb in 2006. His mother gave Obama the bracelet at a Green Bay rally in February, and Obama continues to wear it.

She later requested that the candidate not wear the bracelet because she didn't want other parents of fallen soldiers to construe the gift as a protest against the war.

But she said it was appropriate for Obama to mention the bracelet Friday because he was responding to a remark by Sen. John McCain, who also wears a bracelet in remembrance of a fallen soldier.

"I had a town hall meeting in Wolfeboro, N.H., and a woman stood up and she said, 'Sen. McCain, I want you to do me the honor of wearing a bracelet with my son's name on it.'" McCain said in the debate. "And I said, 'I will -- I will wear his bracelet with honor.'"

"And this was August, a year ago," McCain said. "And then she said, 'But, Sen. McCain, I want you to do everything -- promise me one thing, that you'll do everything in your power to make sure that my son's death was not in vain.'"

When it was his turn to speak, Obama said, "I've got a bracelet, too, from sergeant ... the mother of Sgt. Ryan David Jopek."

"No U.S. soldier ever dies in vain because they're carrying out the missions of their commander in chief," Obama said. "And we honor all the service that they've provided. Our troops have performed brilliantly. The question for the next president is, are we making good judgments about how to keep America safe, precisely because sending our military into battle is such an enormous step."

Jopek said Obama's comment rightfully suggested there's more than one viewpoint on the war.

"His response in the debate was exactly that, a response, after John McCain put it out there first," she said. "I think it was an appropriate response. He was just saying there's another side to the story, there's two different viewpoints.”

She said she’s honored that both presidential candidates wear the bracelets “to respect the troops," she said. "My request to both of them is that they honor the troops by lifting the conversation to the issues, and that they continue to live up to the standards our military deserves."

http://www.channel3000.com/politics/17580998/detail.html

Latest posts

Back