WE LOVE PARADES

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ready for the 4th with our red white and blue bio halter!
How darling! I haven't trained our littles to bow or lay down yet. I'm honestly not sure I will with the donkey. I'm waiting for a mini single hobble that I've ordered to arrive. Do you use a rope and hobble technique for training or have you got another method for the bow/lay down?

How darling! I haven't trained our littles to bow or lay down yet. I'm honestly not sure I will with the donkey. I'm waiting for a mini single hobble that I've ordered to arrive. Do you use a rope and hobble technique for training or have you got another method for the bow/lay down?
I trained a big horse to bow. Just using a treat. Under their mouth move it towards the ground and back towards their chest and have your arm between their front legs. My babies strength like that all the time.. so bow is easy. Sometimes I would hold a lead rope in the other hand infrint of them so they would back up.

I trained a big horse to bow. Just using a treat. Under their mouth move it towards the ground and back towards their chest and have your arm between their front legs. My babies strength like that all the time.. so bow is easy. Sometimes I would hold a lead rope in the other hand infrint of them so they would back up.
Was laying down on the picnic blanket just what was comfortable to your little dude or did you train the lay down? Carrot stretches like you describe are so good for any horse! Good on you!!

Latest posts

Back