We killed Osama Bin Laden !!!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

miniwhinny

Reaction score
That'll teach him to mess with us
default_biggrin.png
default_yes.gif
default_aktion033.gif
default_new_rofl.gif

USA, USA, USA, I didn't think I would live to see this day! God Bless America, Land that I love! Thank you Mr. President! Thank you Seals!
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif

Not only a relief for the U.S. but for the rest of the world that he has been keeping in a turmoil by his hateful terrorist activities. However, there are many groups from his organization out there still... Bye bye Bin Laden!

That's great news! I'm glad the U.S. got revenge
default_yes.gif
However, the death of one man is not going to change anything, unfortunately, regarding extremists and terrrorism in general....
default_no.gif
It's also not going to bring back the 3000+ people who died on 9/11. He's already been replaced.

Oh Matt, I don't think it was about revenge, to me it was about justice and sending a message to the rest of the terrorist that if you kill 3000+ of our brothers and sisters we will hunt you down even if it takes years and we will smit you. You are right about the fact that yes he has a second in command and so on and so on, but we will never give up our fight against these terrorists that try to hurt not only us but other countries as well. I live close to D.C my girls and son work there, the distruction at the pentagon was a horror, people were evacuated, my children were crying, and stuck in traffic gridlock trying to get out of the city, phones were down. My children in another state were calling, asking what is going on? I watched in horror holding my then infant grandson as the towers collapsed. To me this was an act of war committed against my country and yours. I'm so relieved he is finally gone and that it was done by us, our military, our President. It sends a powerful message to the rest of them. After feeding horses this morning there wer three bald eagles flying over the trees. They were screeching and soaring, they were proclaiming freedom from this hateful man. That is just my opinion. ET TA HY!

Don't get me wrong. It's great news. For sure. Justice/revenge...same thing.

The world needs less people like him, but that will never happen. I think by dwelling on this all over the media it is just pushing him closer to the martyrdom he thought he deserved and preached about. People of his type dont get anything out of it by one of their own being killed- they think that is the purpose of it all...... It would have been better off if they had just announced he was deceased and then DROPPED IT instead of feeding off of it (which I think is more of a political ploy also)- he would not get the notoriety that he so richly THOUGHT he deserved and the rest of his followers would not be able to feed into it either.

I am very happy he's gone. When I heard the news last night, I had to wake up H and tell him... then call my parents and wake them up to tell them, too
default_smile.png

Still, I can't help but realize how much better it would have been if he hadn't slipped through Bill Clinton's fingers in the 90's. History would read much differently if so.

I love what Glenn Beck said today: "Personally, I wouldn't have wrapped him in white cloth. I'd have wrapped him up in bacon, and then I would have sewn him up inside of a football, and I would have buried him under the 50 yard line at the Meadowlands."

Posted by a friend:

I have a hard time celebrating the death of another human being, even if I think his behavior is reprehensible. I remember the anger and disbelief I felt when I watched the videos of muslims celebrating the attacks of 09/11. We need to act with dignity and not inflame this problem any further. I just pray for peace and a better world for my kids.

Another one : "I mourn the loss of thousands of precious lives, but I will not rejoice in the death of one, not even an enemy. Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that" Martin Luther King, Jr.

Posted by a friend:

I have a hard time celebrating the death of another human being, even if I think his behavior is reprehensible. I remember the anger and disbelief I felt when I watched the videos of muslims celebrating the attacks of 09/11. We need to act with dignity and not inflame this problem any further. I just pray for peace and a better world for my kids.

Another one : "I mourn the loss of thousands of precious lives, but I will not rejoice in the death of one, not even an enemy. Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that" Martin Luther King, Jr.
While I will not "celebrate" his death, I am glad he is no longer alive. With his death comes the merest chance that some people will live, that would surely of died had he continued to live. As I am a retired Military member, I know too many lives that have been affected by him this past decade...lets hope and pray that this can soon end peaceably...not likely to happen, but something to hope and pray for just the same...no matter WHO you are praying to.

Inasmuch as I would love to always agree with Martin Luther King, I also think that we cannot love the leaders such as Bin Laden into changing...for the most part they are well-educated fanatics...they don't understand love as it could change them...only as their love for Allah as it can change the World.

Posted by a friend:

Personally, I rejoice. I celebrate his death. I only hope that they show pictures of his dead-butt carcass on TV, with Americans celebrating in the background, so all those Muslim terrorists can feel the same kind of horror that the rest of the world felt when the USS Cole was bombed, or our embassies were bombed, or when the Towers fell, and the plane crashed in PA, or when Daniel Pearl's beheading was filmed and shown on videos all over the world.

I am literally sick to death of all this political "PC" garbage and bleeding heart liberals who wish to impose their whining "I hate to see someone celebrating the death of a human being" on those of us who are thrilled to death that this piece of filth has been removed from the earth.

His death was not returning "hate for hate." Rather, it was the administration of justice to a mass murderer who, for the last 20 years rejoiced in killing completely innocent people as they went about their daily lives. It was, as the Bible says, "an eye for an eye."

I thank our Military men and women everyday for their service. I was actually on my way to bed last night and let boy toy flip on the tv and we saw the news. I felt so excited! The wait is finally over!

Bleeding heart liberals whining? A little hypocritical are we? ;)

I'm with sfmini-thank you for posting those.

I for one am glad he is gone.Hopefully his death will result in saving many more lives that might be lost if he were to continue his murderous ways.IMO he was just a fanatic who used his religion to do many bad deeds.It is very difficult for many of us who revere life so much to understand cultures who have so little value for the life of anyone who believes in a different supreme being than we do.I am so sorry he caused so much suffering for many in this country and even in his own country.

Personally, I rejoice. I celebrate his death....I am literally sick to death of all this political "PC" garbage and bleeding heart liberals who wish to impose their whining...
I'm used to this sort of language directed at me, but I'm truly angry to hear such rude, ethnocentric garbage aimed at such kind, sincere people as sfminis, barnbum and horsehug.

You may speak of "an eye for an eye," but THEY are the ones following the words of Jesus.

Thank you, sfminis, for reminding us that, even when we are proud to see justice prevail, we can still remember who we are supposed to be: a nation that respects all life.

Last edited by a moderator:
An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind.

“Like many people, I feel like celebrating. Remember this feeling. It is human, and can help us understand when others express bloodlust.” – John Green

Latest posts

Back