We just finished our shelter

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Baydreamfarms

Reaction score
So we are bringing our filly home the 27th and we finially got around to building our shelter. I'm proud of it, but it sure isn't the Ritz Carlton for mini's. She and our goat will have a 30x30 dry lot and their pasture will be double the size. and since it will temp fencing it will be able to move if they eat our grass down to far over time. We just have to add a few things and paint it and then we are done! I'm so excited.

100_2033.jpg

100_2038.jpg

Hubby is 6'7" so the back end of the shelter is about 4' tall

100_2044.jpg

And here I am just before we brought in the tools.

100_2047.jpg

We are gonna paint it with the barn paint which will be red and includes the primer and weatherproofing stuff. We just lack 3 2x4's and that is about it. YAY!

Looks great! We just finished a lean-to in two of our pastures (fencing splits the barn so both pastures have access to it) and the lumber for our new barn is being dropped off Friday!!!! Can't wait to get it started and FINISHED! lol Going to be 24' Wide by 54' Long, 10' high, and will also have an 8' lean to the entire length on one side.. Plan on building individual stalls (I think we have 10 planned right now) that willhave removable dividers so I can combine stalls to make them bigger for foaling/weaning etc., will have hay storage, a feed/tack/office etc etc.. Going to be SOOO nice to have when we get it done!
default_biggrin.png

Congratulations!!! It always feels good to have a project done and it's great to have a husband who will help out with them
default_smile.png
:)
default_smile.png

If I had any talent in painting I would do something but alas, I am talentless. I'm lucky if the paint will be on there even. I was thinking it wouldn't be to bad, but then I was told that you really shouldn't use a roller on plywood. So we had to get brushes and that bummed me out. The rollers make it go by faster.

So do you guys think that a pasture with the dimensions of around 50x50 is enough for one mini and a goat? There dry lot is 30x30 but growing up in AZ with NO pasture just stalls and arenas I'm doubting that they will have enough room. I'm such a perfectionist too that I want to make sure everything is right. So is that good or do they need more ya think??

I have painted pics now...well the roof isn't but we just screwed a tarp over it and secured it in like 450 points and I will paint the inside of the shelter tomorrow. But here is the almost finished product.

100_2048.jpg

100_2049.jpg

100_2050.jpg

100_2052.jpg

Latest posts

Back