WE INVITE YOU

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bob r

Reaction score
WE WOULD LIKE TO INVITE YOU TO VISIT OUR WEBSITE. WE'VE BEEN TOLD BY SOME PEOPLE THAT THEY CAN'T FIND IT. ALSO WE'VE ADDED A NEW PAGE TO IT CONTAINING LATEST SHOW RESULTS ETC. THANKS FOR LOOKING

http://members.tripod.com/rockingmfarm/

I have tried searching for your web site and it doesn't come up. Thanks for sharing. Maybe there's something you need to do so that your web site is picked up by the search engine?

I thoroughly enjoyed your web site. It is clean and well done. Your horses are beautiful, nice photos, everything presented top notch. You should be very proud of your breeding program.

People cannot find your site because you have no meta tags, there are no description or keyword tags, it is also slow to load, .....the tradeoff for a free? tripod site. I am not just saying that because this is what I do. I say that because I feel anyone who works so hard in this business needs to put their advertising dollars to good use with a stand alone domain and hosting that is reliable..not meaning to put you down, your web site is excellent it's just your address and hosting need upgrading so you can have the traffic you deserve.

i tell everyone i know that a free site is NOT the way to go. I wont even click on free websites because they have annoying popups and/or they have spyware. Your website is one of the most valuable marketing tools you have so to me to have to pay 12.00 per month is nothing!!

You would get alot more traffic if you make an real site. Then people can easily find your site thru web search etc.

Kay

kaykay said:
i tell everyone i know that a free site is NOT the way to go.  I wont even click on free websites because they have annoying popups and/or they have spyware.  Your website is one of the most valuable marketing tools you have so to me to have to pay 12.00 per month is nothing!!

You would get alot more traffic if you make an real site.  Then people can easily find your site thru web search etc.

Kay

455005[/snapback]

thanks for the emails, i'll tell my friend that does my website about this stuff.

i don't know much about websites etc.

Bob, your site is really well done. Clean, great pictures, up to date, everything very well presented. We have DSL, so it loaded quickly for me. I did a search on Yahoo and did not come up with your site. Debby is right -- if you don't have meta tags or keywords built into the site ---only people that know your address (as in your link above) can find you. And that would be a shame, because you have some wonderful national-level horses!

On my computer when I went to your site the type was so small on your home page that I couldn't read it. The sale page was fine though.

this is the response my webman gave me regarding your comments. i have no trouble loading my site and the type is fine, I DO HOWEVER, NEED TO UPDATE my pages more often, just don't have time. ------------------------------------

Bob,

They are right! Most search engines are now listing only stand alone sites.Your sites are ad free and should not have any pop ups. Your server is tripod and it cost $4.95 a month, (which is billed to my credit card) I have been billing you the total at the beginning of each year. The monthly charge is to keep the sites ad free, but doesn't get you search engine exposure. Anyone using a dial up connect will have problems with the site loading slow, but dsl connections have no problems.

They are a little off base on the cost of a true dedicated server. That can cost minimum of $39.00 to $99.00 per month plus a set up fee.Sites like Mardis and Ganus use dedicated servers to handle the amount of data and traffic that go to their sites. You can go with a VPS server which has the same benifits but not as much storage and bandwidth. A basic VPS cost about $10.00 per month and some have set up fees and or require a full year payment in advance.All the existing rocking m and okpigeon sites would work on a basic VPS and would utilize one domain name with the additional sites being shown as a separate directory or file.

Example: www.rockingm.com/okpigeon

Meta tags can be added to your existing sites and in some cases have, but the search engines choose to ignore the tags from free web hosting sites and will list the stand alone sites first. I will do some more checking into dedicated servers and cost if you want to go that way.

Steve

It looks great Bob!
aktion033.gif

-Kris

Latest posts

Back