We have slept in it now we can show you!!!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maryann

Reaction score
Jim and I have always pulled our camper and carried the minis on the truck in a mini hauler to the

shows. We found ourselves needing to carry more than four horses , but we did not want to give up

the convience of being able to stay on the show grounds with the horses.

We looked at horse trailers with live in quarters but the price was way out of our range. A couple members of our club had started using a Work and Play by Forrest River to transport their minis. We went to the

RV Super Store of Mocksville, NC and talked to them about their Work and Plays. They worked with us on

checking on strength issues and safety issues for the minis. My husband was going to modify it for the minis so he hit them with a barrage of questions about construction, and assembly etc. They were so wonderful to

find out the answers we needed. They ordered our Work and Play to our specifications. We wanted most of the space in the back for the horses with comfortable quarters in the front for us ,with a bed , dinette and full bathroom and of course fridge and microwave.. These trailers come in all sorts of sizes and configerations.

We took it to the Spring Fling this past week and spent 6 nights in it. It was wonderful. I highly recomend this trailer . Jim did the stall dividers which we can easily remove them . He also added the overhead cabinets and the drop down windows. He made a cart that sits right behind the horses that we roll on and off with show supplies. It is secured to the wall . We still have plenty of room to walk the whole asile behind the horses . I like it because I can easily get to each horse quickly.

The back part of the trailer is 17 foot long for the horses. We can carry 8 horses very comfortably. For this show we carried 5 show carts and 4 horses to the show , all in the back . Each time I would check on them they were just as calm as they could be. Its tall enought for the carts to stand up. After we unloaded the horses and carts we pulled the slant load dividers toward the front and cleaned out the trailer. We put a table in the back and had a wonderful "Party room" where we could make snacks and "Party" and converse with out friends. My grandaughter sleeps in the back on a full size bed that

raises to the ceiling and lowers . We packed harnesses and such on it going to the show and put an air mattress on it for her to sleep in at the show. The back is air conditioned and heated and has a generator that we can use on the road if we need to run air in the back for the horses.We also have two ceiling vents and 4 side vents. With all these conviences it is still approximately 25 thousand dollars cheaper than a horse trailer this size with live in quarters. I want to thank all the guys and gals at the RV Super Store of Mockville for helping us put our dream trailer together. It is much more convienent than I ever expected.

Below are some pictures of our new mini/people trailer. LOL

workandplayoutside.jpg

workandplayback.jpg

workandplayback1.jpg

workandplayback3.jpg

workandplayfront1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow now thats my kind of trailer!! I have said for years thats what I want. Just love it!! Can I ask what the approx cost is?

It would varie on the size and the added modifications but around

35-40 thousand. All the horse trailers with live in quarters that were

as nice with not as much room in the back for the horses were over 70

thousand. A friend of ours got a tow behind Work and Play off

e-bay for about 15 thousand and did their own modifications. Its very

nice.

We thought long and hard before doing this but I am so glad we did.

I am so in love with these trailers.
default_wub.png
Maryann

Wow, your babies travel in style!! I would love to see a picture of them loaded. Super neat and congratulations!!!

Wow, that is really, really nice !!! That's what I want
default_yes.gif

We have been thinking about looking at those, and now we will for sure !!

Sue
default_smile.png

Wow thats so cool, your husband did a great job altering it to fit your needs!! its beautiful!! I wish that everyone took so much time and effort in the safty and needs of their horses. What a wonder full trailer!

it is so neat, I would love one like that for our minis. It looks so accesable and easy to get to everything.

I love the roll on cart of suplies, what a great idea!!!

What is the total length of the trailer? It's very nice!

WOW! Now thats a trailer! Something like that here in Australia would cost.........well, lets put it this way. It would either you own a house or you own a trailer. Prices are crazy over here, even for your most basic trailer.

It's gorgeous, now go and have fun!

default_worshippy.gif
:
default_worshippy.gif
:
default_worshippy.gif
:

That is just the neatest thing!!! We just bought a new mini / pony trailer and it should do us a few years. I've looked at every trailer on the east coast once or twice.

Dad joked all last summer that he was going to turn out camper into a mini LQ trailer. But now that i see yours, it doesnt sound half bad
default_yes.gif
default_yes.gif
default_aktion033.gif
default_laugh.png

That is very nice! WOW! WOrk and Play could make some dough on this one! Maybe the other trailer manufacturers will start thinking a bit differently on their prices now.

Wow!!! Cool trailer! I could live in that with my mini....Who needs a house. I wouldn't need to board my future mini....lol

Did you make the dividers? If not, where did you buy them? My only concern is what would be the weight bearing load of the rod holding the stalls in case of a sudden stop? Would they hold a horse falling against them?

It looks beautiful, and I am converting a trailer this spring, and that set up would be perfect.

Absolutely wonderful! You will have a terrific time in your new trailer!

I am dreamin' for a trailer, too.
default_biggrin.png

Peggy

Did you make the dividers? If not, where did you buy them? My only concern is what would be the weight bearing load of the rod holding the stalls in case of a sudden stop? Would they hold a horse falling against them?

It looks beautiful, and I am converting a trailer this spring, and that set up would be perfect.
My husband did make the dividers . The Rod is solid steel and is pretty tight in the trailer. We carry a

clients stallion that loves to drop his butt and push agains the sides just to test it. He is a big B size mini

and pretty strong. So far he has not been able to budge it. We are very secure with it . I call my husband

Mr. Safety, LOL as he sometimes goes way overboard to make sure everything is safe. Good luck on your conversion. I want to see pictures. !!!!

Latest posts

Back