We Have Light! and Water!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lilmiraclesfarm

Reaction score
Oh I can't express how excited I am about the last of the work done to the barn. Originally I didn't think any of it would be finished until the spring, but after trying to find solar decorations online I got frustrated and asked if we could get the electricity in sooner. With my surprise we did the water all in the same day!

So we now have power outlets in the ceiling, and 1 outlet on each side in the middle of the barn by my cross ties. We also have the main box and a outlet in my "tack room area" at the front of the barn. Lights strung from the front and back of the outside that has their own switch inside and lights inside the barn with its own light switch!

Everything is black to match the rest of my hardware. I had to paint the blue power box, but everything else I was able to buy in black. I was so excited to find hanging lights in black! Thank you lowes!

Sorry the pictures aren't the greatest, they were all taken with my camera phone.

455317794_1588091334_431723221_1257.jpg

455318540_1588094184_0.jpg

455317183_1588089022_0.jpg
455317523_1588090282_0.jpg

And for those of you who might not of seen my barn or who need a reminder, this is what it looks like in the daylight.

Fall.jpg

It keeps getting better and better. I love it.

ITS SCREAMING.....

FIRST ENTRY INTO MARTYS BARN DECORATING CONTEST!!!

Quick get out the Holly and the Lights!!!

Congratulations!!!!! We know how it feels to have REAL LIGHTS AND REAL WATER and not extension cords and hoses lol. Your barn looks very nice. I love the doors.

Last edited by a moderator:
It keeps getting better and better. I love it. ITS SCREAMING.....

FIRST ENTRY INTO MARTYS BARN DECORATING CONTEST!!!

Quick get out the Holly and the Lights!!!
Right! You all better watch out.. I looove to decorate. I've already started to gather all my christmas decor!

Beautiful!! Just Beautiful!!
It's amazing how we take lights and water for granted, isn't it??
Yes, I couldn't shave the horses without dragging them to the middle of the yard after gathering all my stuff, the extension cords and then I had to shave and hold the horse at the time time. Now I just plug and go. As for water I've had to lug water for 3 years now. Its not so bad in the winter, which i'll still have to do. But in the summer when someone takes care of the horses for me, I have to put out gallons of whater just to make it the weekend. Now there will be a hose and they can just walk and water as they drink. lol

Congratulations!!!!! We know how it feels to have REAL LIGHTS AND REAL WATER and not extension cords and hoses lol. Your barn looks very nice. I love the doors.
Isn't it the best!! We had our first barn lighting last night. Today I got to muck with the radio on. And now when I have to muck at night I can see and don't cringe at the thought of wondering how bad my mucking was.

PROMISE ME! You are going to enter this in the contest. I can just envision all the great things you can do to decorate it!

PROMISE ME! You are going to enter this in the contest. I can just envision all the great things you can do to decorate it!
Oh yes, you can count on me entering. Starting Nov. 21 I will be decorateing. I don't even care about thanksgiving, I just want the 21 to be here so I can start. lol

I can't share all my secrets but here is a sneak peak of whats to come.. I bought these for every door handle. Blue to match my farm colors. oooOoOo

32mb.jpg

congrats on your progress - I can feel your excitement! Very nice and it's so bright in there! LOL

I"m looking forward to your decorating - keep providing us a little sneak preview as you go along LOL

You're so going to enjoy the convenience of water and electric - we've just gotten it also and it's hard to believe just how we roughed it last year LOL

Latest posts

Back