We Have Chihuahua Puppies On The Way! -UPDATED

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CritterCountry

Reaction score
My little girl Poochie is due to have her second litter March 31. She is big as a house right now.

I love having puppies. The last litter we kept her only daughter. We just love these little dogs and are finding they are NOT anything like the stigmas attached to them. Yappy, biting chihuahuas belong to people who have LET them become aggressive, thinking it is cute. It is not cute and it isn't fair that people think the wrong thing about this breed. They are most loving, smart, playful, trainable and astoundingly loyal.

I can't wait for this litter as it's my new stud's first litter and I am really excited to see what they turn out like. I already have homes for two of the puppies and it's going to be hard letting them go, but I love raising them and I love seeing happy customers.

Here is my little girl's blog if anyone wants to keep up on her progress.

http://crittercountrychis.blogspot.com/

__________________________________________________________________________________________

UPDATE:

We have four healthy puppies that are lucky to be here.

Poochie started pushing at around 5:30 Wednesday evening. She produced two weird empty bubbles and then stopped progressing. I fished around and found back feet and no head. Poochie was becoming distressed so I packed her up and off we went to the vet. X-rays showed 5 puppies. One of which was stuck in the birth canal. The vet prepped her for a C-section. I stood waiting like an expectant dad and worried about losing Poochie. The pups were second on my concern list.

When they started coming out I helped rub them to bring them around. Then grandma and auntie showed up to help and we rubbed puppies for almost an hour. We lost one cream female despite our efforts and almost lost another but after blowing in his nostrils and giving him oxygen and some shots, he came around.

So we have a cream female, two tri females, and a sable & white male.

Pics are on my site:

http://crittercountry.onestopequine.net/puppyalbum2.html

Last edited by a moderator:
Looking forward to the puppies! Keep us updated
default_wub.png

We also have a chihuahua, who is a 9" tall very refined 2 years old. I named him Borito, and you are right, he is very loyal. Sweet dogs
default_wub.png

Congratulations! my guess is 3. Let us know. Your little dogs are lovely!

Lyn

I am thinking 4

I have helped welped my friends chihuahua twice now, because she works.

Good Luck
default_wub.png

Congratulations and good luck! I just love Chihuahua's, I have 5 of them - 4 boys and a girl. They are all just pets and I adore them all they are very sweet and loving dogs. Keep us posted on the little ones arrivals and post pictures if you can. I would love to see them.

Tammie~

I will be watching for updates. I love chihuahuas. Had one years ago that was 4 lbs full grown. The one I have now is a mix from the animal shelter. such a sweetie.

Thanks everyone! I am so excited.

I will definitely keep you all posted. I post in the blog more than here, but I will try to keep you all updated.

I can feel the puppies moving now. 11 days left!!

She is WAY bigger than last litter and she had 4 that time. I am guessing 5-6 this time, but I could be wrong
default_smile.png
It doesn't matter to me as long as they arrive healthy ;)

Lyn thanks for the compliment on my dogs, they are my pride and joy
default_wub.png

Latest posts

Back