We had our first ever baby!!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Russ

Reaction score
Hi everyone....I finally have a baby to share!

I am late with this announcement....it's been a busy week for me work wise. But wanted to announce my first ever home raised foal and a few pics of Stewie.

Mom is Rose the blood bay mare in my avatar and dad is my buckskin stallion, Oak Parks SS Ima Soap Star.

Funny story, Saturday night the 16th Tami from Oak Park Mini's (Stewie's Grandma Tami
default_biggrin.png
) emailed me around 9:30 and said...Sable just had a buckskin filly....I was like....well, I'm gonna go tell Rose to get going
default_biggrin.png
. So I did tell Rose....come on...it's been a week of waxing...let's see the baby. An hour later we DID have a baby!
default_new_shocked.gif
I didn't think she actually listened to me....lol

Rose was a maiden mare and did great....she presented wax a week prior to foaling! Then after 4 days....wax was off....then next day back on, her bag leaked it was so full when she laid down....all the foaling signs were there.... it drove me nuts waiting.....
default_rolleyes.gif
but at least the signs were there for me to be on gard and I was glad. I slept in the barn at night and by day we took turns watching her at all times.....I was so worried about her sneaking the birth in on us. All went well though and on Saturday May 16th at 10:18 p.m. a colt was born with me in attendance......easy birth and a vigorous baby that was up within 25 minutes.

He's tiny/very refined and reminds me so much of his dad in total look.....
default_smile.png
just full of attitude!

Rose is a great mom and boy she loves her baby. Stewie (his barn name after Stewie on the Family Guy) is a handful for mama Rose. He is into everything and whatever she does...he mimicks. I just love him....he is a nice quality colt and I am very thankful. I'm not a very good photographer but wanted to share some pics. These were taken a 2 days of age. Tommorrow he'll be 1 week and has filled out nicely.

Many thanks to Lil Beginnings and the forum members....it was all the knowledge shared on these boards that helped me get this foal born safely. Thanks to my mini friends who helped me by email. I appreciate you all!!!

This foal was years in the planning.....so it is a special one for me to kick off Farm Boy Miniatures officially in the miniature community.

Here's Stewie...........we are working on the offical registered name. Thanks for looking....I'm pretty proud of him.
default_wub.png

100_0277.jpg

100_0268.jpg

100_0257.jpg

100_0253.jpg

100_0258.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations Russ. You should be proud, He's gorgeous!!

Wow, Russ, what a nice little guy and nice story too. I know it's been a long time in coming for you, I'm so happy you have such a beautiful boy!

He's too cute. Look at that dark dorsal, wonder if he'll keep it.

Don't know your prefix, but how about "Stewart Little" for a name, he's pretty tiny, and you already call him Stewie.
default_wub.png

default_aktion033.gif
CONGRATULATIONS RUSS
default_aktion033.gif

Stewie is very handsome and I look forward to watching him mature and kick butt in the showring!
default_yes.gif

"CONGRATULATIONS!" Russ and Rose!

What a handsome little man! He is just adorable
default_wub.png
- gosh Rose looks great - I remember just thinking she was awesome at the Winona show a couple of years ago - now here she is a Momma with a brand new baby boy!

Love "Stewie's" barn name!!

We will be expecting LOTS and LOTS of pictures!!!!

He is very pretty. Congratulations on your great start.

RUSS!! I didn't know you were having a baby!!! That is the most adorable wee boy!! Wow!! He's just gorgeous. I love your farm name!! You are full of surprises, aren't you?
default_laugh.png

Okay--I need to see your stallion now!!
default_biggrin.png

You already know his proud grandma (and his equine grandma and grandpa) loves little Stewie.
default_wub.png
I am so happy for you, Rose and Rico. Aren't they a blast?....lol. I tried to take photos of my filly today and she stood right in front of me wanting scratches.....lol.

I've been watching for you to get a chance to post him Russ! You already know what I think of him! Does he still poop on demand?
default_laugh.png
Sorry his blankie is too big and he shimmied out of it!But the weather isn't cold any way. LOL

Give Stewie a huggle for me!
default_wub.png

Congratulations on a very successful start to your foaling!!! Isn't it nice when everything comes together just right?!

Oh, Russ!!!!!!!
love0034.gif

What a gorgeous colt and I love reading about him and Rose!!! A BIG milestone and something to be very proud of!!! He is just a beautiful boy!!!
love0075.gif

Enjoy him -- I know you will!!!
thumbup.gif

Latest posts

Back