We had a party!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michelle@wescofarms

Reaction score
Today (well - Thursday the 20th) we had UC Davis out for a gelding party. We had four candidates, but the third was a bit of a brat, so the fourth is on hold to the next visit.

Two are my daughter's boys (they're 1/2 brothers), and the third is one I've been keeping for breeding, but decided he'd make a nice show gelding, so off they came!

We did video tape one of the surgeries (total time 9 minutes) of Primo the third one gelded and we took photos of the first two.

I have a shorter clip on our website (4 minutes) if anyone would like to watch a castration - my son took the video and my daughter watched to take care of her boys. There is also a page of photos for those on a slow connection or dial up. Gelding Video and photos

If it is incredibly slow to post, can someone let me know, please. I'm trying to shorten the full length one, but haven't had much success yet.

Next month is dentals - we're hoping to photo/video that too!

Great pictures, Michelle -- thanks! Had my colt gelded a couple weeks ago, but I had "rope" duty, and was unable to watch the procedure. :aktion033:

:aktion033: Thank you for posting the video and photo's! very educational!

Now, let's see if hubby would like to see this 'entertaining movie'.... :bgrin :lol:

Latest posts

Back