We finally have a sign!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

barnbum

Reaction score
IMG_6329.jpg

IMG_6331.jpg

My goal was not fancy, but something simple just so those driving in to visit know they're in the right place. The sign is not out by the road, but half way up the driveway. I wanted it to be big enough to be seen from the road though.

Shawna made me a gorgeous woodburn beauty--but we noticed it was fading in the sun--so it's in the barn. Then we had ordered one to be done by a woman last year, but she hurt her back and my husband lost his job, so it was postponed. I tried her again with no luck, so found a young man who worked hard to make me happy with his work.
default_biggrin.png
I really wanted the silhouette of Jazz on there--but my copy was too small. So, I contacted Christine Bailey from BHF Miniature Horse Farm for a bigger size; she was the one who had done it in the first place. She got it done right away and I sent it to the sign maker. Then I really wanted a specific font--but it wasn't on his computer program. I told him to use anything he felt was close, but he found the one I wanted and made it work! He and I worked out the arrangement--and that was not his choice--but mine. He liked "Minis" under Jazz with Jazz centered--but I went for using as much space as possible--making Jazz bigger!.
default_new_multi.gif
default_488.gif
My Quail Summit crew and I went quickly to pick it up just before the bus came. I think he got a kick about how excited I was when I saw it. I leaned it on the pole until Mark got home to put it up.

Now for some mums around the base......
default_laugh.png

What is very cool is Kennedy and I saw a "Miniature Horse Crossing" sign at Star Lake's tack set up at the Area 1 show--and the horse on there looks very very similar to Jazz.
default_yes.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice ! It really catches my eye, I like the colors and the fonts..... I mean lettering : )

Last edited:
It looks really good!!
default_thumbup.gif

He liked "Minis" under Jazz with Jazz centered--but I went for using as much space as possible--making Jazz bigger!.
Definitely love it this way! You can't get enough of Jazz!
default_wink.png

that is REALLY nice!!! I like the simple easy to read signs ....very nice!!!!!!!!!!!

Your sign looks very nice
default_yes.gif
Do you know what size it is? I also need a new sign and sounds like a situation similar to yours. I don't want it at the end of our driveway as I'm afraid of more vandals. So I need it situated further up the driveway too.

Debbie, it's 24 by 30.
default_smile.png

I like the simple easy to read signs ..
Me too! That was my goal--easy to read and simple. This sign is bonded to some kind of thick metal. I asked the sign guy if it'd hold up to anything--he said with a twinkle--you can throw it across the driveway if you want and it won't hurt it. But when Kennedy put it in the back of the car--she covered it with a blanket just in case.
default_laugh.png
I don't like how the tan overlaps in the middle--but one can't see it unless he/she is standing right up close--and it shows up in some photos. Not a big deal--and the price was great!!

It's pretty!

Simple to read and LOVE the flowers of course YAY!

Latest posts

Back