We did our first parade!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good job! That must have been so much fun!
How long have they been driving? I really want to have a pair, just don't have the right two.
They are ages 12 and 16 and have been driving for years. This was the first parade for the larger paint and he was a little antsy but as long as I kept him moving he did great. The little one is all business when it comes to driving...he's difficult to live with but is a joy to drive!

Attachments

• 243969254_4679152725474446_4140776118736109660_n.jpg
    243969254_4679152725474446_4140776118736109660_n.jpg
    112.4 KB · Views: 4
A team, a nice rig and a driver with a big sweet smile. 😃 What more could parade goers want? Oh yeah, candy. They want you to throw candy.🍬 Do they allow that at your parades?

Good luck with the next one. It's nice to see some places doing parades again after all this pandemic craziness.

A team, a nice rig and a driver with a big sweet smile. 😃 What more could parade goers want? Oh yeah, candy. They want you to throw candy.🍬 Do they allow that at your parades?

Good luck with the next one. It's nice to see some places doing parades again after all this pandemic craziness.
No, we couldn't throw candy. This parade was very, very small compared to other years but like you said, it's good that things like this are actually happening again! This week's parade should be fairly large. I'm just super pleased my littles handled everything beautifully.

My little guys were rockstars! Marching bands? cheerleaders? scary Halloween monsters? Balloons? NO PROBLEM!!! We have a larger parade this coming weekend...wish us luck!

Our two boys are ALWAYS the center of attention at our local parade and fair :)

@slonewbt If I may ask...Where did you get your cart? We are currently looking for a good tandem cart like that.

Our two boys are ALWAYS the center of attention at our local parade and fair :)

@slonewbt If I may ask...Where did you get your cart? We are currently looking for a good tandem cart like that.

I was so lucky that this cart came with my minis! It's originally from Driving Essentials though..it's their Glinkowski mini cart. I absolutely love it. I also have the harnesses/pole to drive three in unicorn formation but I have not done that!

You all look fantastic! What good boys!
We can throw candy at our parades, but I can't throw and drive very well. If I have a passenger, she is the thrower.
Good luck at your next parade.
Yes, they were SO good! I actually video'd a few clips with my phone on the route so I could have thrown candy quite easily! I will see if we can for the next one.

That's so awesome! I use to do a lot of parades. The minis are always a huge hit!

Beautiful photo! Your team is very handsome and they no doubt left a smile on everyone’s face!

Love your cart also and your hat! 🤠

Hope your next parade went super!

Did you do another parade over the weekend?

Yes! this one was much busier and very noisy with antique tractors and big crowds. The littles did great though I need to teach one of them to stand patiently...as long as he was moving he was great but when we had to wait for other entries to join the parade he got to bouncing/rearing a bit in harness...glad my hubby was there to assist. Attaching some photos:

Attachments

• IMG_0151.jpeg
    IMG_0151.jpeg
    203.1 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_0152.jpeg
    IMG_0152.jpeg
    198.6 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_0175.jpeg
    IMG_0175.jpeg
    109.6 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_0182.jpeg
    IMG_0182.jpeg
    97.9 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_0183.jpeg
    IMG_0183.jpeg
    161.7 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_0184.jpeg
    IMG_0184.jpeg
    244.7 KB · Views: 6
Beautiful photo! Your team is very handsome and they no doubt left a smile on everyone’s face!

Love your cart also and your hat! 🤠

Hope your next parade went super!

Thank you! The second parade went really well as well (see prior reply for some pics. The minis are always such a hit at parades! The hat belonged to my father in law...he passed away last year at the ripe old age of 90. It's a little small for me but works for the parades!

A hat with heritage! ☺ Those are fun photos, thank you for sharing. Your minis are definitely going places!

That’s great your hubby was able to be there to help. It’s hard to be still when you have a job to do isn’t it? ;)

Latest posts

Back