We are now trying to sell our farm ourselves.

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cathy_H

Reaction score
Has anyone here had a "For sale by owner " property that they paid to have listed on the MLS? I bought an Infotube to put our house property flyers in and this information to list for a flat fee on the MLS through Housepad LLp was included. I have been warned that some of the flat fee MLS offers are bogus............ So if anyone has used one that is legit would you mind sharing the name please.

We did have our farm listed with a realtor for 6 months but no offers so we are doing a For Sale By Owner. Omitting the realtor allows us to lower the price more which I feel even in this market is a deal.

Below is the basic info on Housepad LLP..... I'm thinking this one has to be legit if it was linked to from the Infotube item I bought - right? ( I know - not necessarly so - still buyer beware )?

HOUSEPAD LLP

Licensed in 23 States & DC

Listing Gateway to Over 300 MLS's & Realtor.com

Over 8148 FSBO properties MLS listed

Price: $299.00

Included is a 6 month listing in the local MLS and Realtor.com with one photo.

This program is designed for For-Sale-By-Owners who want to maintain their independence, while getting the Multi List price for their property. For this one-time fee, your property is listed by a state licensed broker, and submitted to your local Multi List Service (MLS), the same MLS local real estate agents are using. Housepad is not licensed in this state and pays a licensed broker to submit the listing.

Most importantly, you will not owe any commission at settlement if you sell the house yourself. If a real estate agent brings the winning buyer, you get to choose the commission rate to offer the agent (you select between 2%-4%).

Your listing agent will pass on to you buyer leads received from Realtor.com.

We sold ours by owner and had ours on www.forsalebyowner.com we had several inquiries from that and it was not bad as far as price!! It took us a year to get ours sold but we had accepted offers in that year,
default_wacko.png
default_wacko.png
long story anyways I would try the for sale by owners. Good Luck!!!
default_smile.png

Thanks, I'll check it out. I have checked out several but trying to decide WHO is legit & who isn't is the problem. I am running ads offering 4% to realtors so hope someone bites! Thing is if no one is looking for a small farm 6% wouldn't work.

I did find FlatFeeDirect.com here in Ky so I'm checking it out also. They have different levels of pricing from a few hundred to over $2,000 depending upon how much you want them to do.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's website that has great tips on selling and staging your home for sale Front Door

A month ago, we had a house for rent and just put a sign on. We had over 50 calls and appr. 20 wanted to buy. I made a list in case we sell with 6 people.

Last week we had a furnished cabin for rent in the paper and appr. 30 calls on 2 days.

You might give a try

Good luck

Anita

Latest posts

Back