We are home from the (Liz M.) photo shoot!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nootka

Reaction score
I have never seen him quite like he was today being photographed by Liz! He did not think the skunk was "right" at all and leapt over it and struck at it (He thought it was T-A-C-K-Y! Everyone knows ZEBRA stripes are the rage. What an insult!
default_rolleyes.gif
: ). I dunno about that Mouse, he struck a pose again and again! I was mystified. Wish I could get half that fire in the ring! Guess he was really just waiting for his chance to be "coverboy"!

Poor Lark had something irritating her eyes (we're not sure if it was shavings or something grooming related) and could barely open her eyes in the bright sunlight. Bella was tired by the time we got to her and she was sorta sleepy but adorable. Kyan went first in the morning and had a shoot w/his daddy who he's almost a dead ringer for (Incredible looks incredible! His body's so silvery white and then he's got this luxuriously long, black mane and forelock and wow those black socks! He pretty much had no idea who we were and probably didn't care but his trainer is also working well with him on his manners, he was AWESOME during the father/son shoot. I am impressed, as he was always such a hormone!)

Was a neat venue in Southern Oregon though a little dry and a long hike around the irrigation apparatus (oh but Mouse made short work of it, he leapt right over it for me to save me another almost quarter mile hike to the shoot location! *LOL*), it's always great to visit w/Liz and Matt.

And we got to spend more time with Debra, who's super cool and her daughter is the greatest (I think my son Brandon has a crush, he was sad he "didn't get to say goodbye"). Was a lot of work to prep four horses and keep an eye on those two and then there was the wandering itinerant food grubber Welsh (?) pony who fell in love with little Bella and then stole food/blankets and generally made a bit of a pest of himself (in a most endearing way).

And wcr showed up w/her beautiful stallion (his pics are going to be great I could tell even from afar). (Oh, and Raoul says hello, btw) I saw Sandy right before we left but her horses weren't coming in til tomorrow for pics.

Last but not least Debra's friend showed up with her spotted saddle horses/ASBs wow. I just have to keep my focus b/c I just adore them and their beauty! Can't wait to see THEIR Liz pics, too!

Aw, and I sold my little Lark, too....she is here with us for a while longer but belongs now to someone else.

Was a great weekend and thank you so much Debra for arranging this. Sure hope she does make it here for Spring and we can get to some of those locations we talked about.

Thanks also for your hospitality and Stephanie's as well.

Feels funny to have it all over now (show season) for real as I spent the last week clipping and bathing it seems. Felt like another show.

(You KNOW we'll be sharing when we get to see proofs and whatever we finally choose).

Liz

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't wait to see the pics. I just love Kyan and how BIG his eyes are.
default_wub.png
:
default_wub.png
:
default_wub.png
:

Robin

I would've have LOVED to have gone down there and see all those gorgeous horses being photographed...*sigh* I can't wait to see your pics!!
default_yes.gif
:
default_wub.png
:

Oh that Mouse really knows how to "work IT" doesn't he? :lol:

Ahhh, now I can quit pouting that he missed last years shoot! I can't wait to see everyone's photos! I like WCR'stallion! Whoo hooo!

Congrats to Lark's new owners!

Aw, I was wondering how the photo shoot had gone! Hopefully Susanne will chime in with the story on Mingus as well. (Or did she not go because she was sick?
default_unsure.png
: ) I think that's AWESOME that you got a father/son shoot with Kyan, I didn't know you had that in the works! I demand a link to all the proofs when they come out....

Can you guys PLEASE arrange one of these shoots in the summer when my horse actually looks good?! LOL. Fall he's all fuzzy and spring he's got no color from being clipped. Oh, and hold it in southern WA or northern OR where I can get to it. I don't ask for much, do I?
default_rolleyes.gif
: :lol:

Can't wait to see the pics. :aktion033:

Leia

We're trying, Leia...the tentative time frame is May.

Funny, my horses' coats are at their best clipped compared to clipped in May. *LOL*

We were thinking around this region for an idea of places, maybe the area we were weekend before this last one.

Liz

Good to hear you made it home safe and sound Liz! It was great to see Mouse "in person"and I thought Kyan is just adorable. What a different day today was! Overcast in the morning and actually my horses went first. Liz said with the overcast the black horses come out really nice so Heir went first. He is usually very laid back at home but when we get to the show ring......and I guess photo shoots!...he just goes into "stallion" mode. Matt really liked working with him, thought he was very expressive and Liz thought she got some great shots......I can't wait to see them! My yearling filly Lily wasn't so sure of the whole process but Liz said she got some great pics of her rearing(wonderful
default_unsure.png
: ). Dream was last and I'm sure we'll have some nice shots there too. The sun made an appearance after we were done and we left shortly after. Got to spend a little time with Debra and it was really nice to meet her after all the hard work she did putting this together! She ended up staying until today, so hopefully she had a nice trip home. I loved seeing her horses. I hope Lark's eyes are better. She sure looked uncomfortable. I can't wait to see the pics!! :bgrin

Back