We Are Giving Our Members BACK $20! - AMHR Membership

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That includes everyone who has already renewed for 2012 as well. You will get a $20 credit on your accout to use toward registry work if you have already renewed, if you renew before July 1, or if you become a new member by July 1.

Woohoo! That works for me since I still have a few horses to hardship in...a few less $$ to pay!
default_smile.png

If it was a 2012 renewal you will get a $20 credit, even if you renewed in December.

THAT is a registry that is paying attention to it's members and their needs.

If it was a 2012 renewal you will get a $20 credit, even if you renewed in December.

Oh yay!!! I renewed for 2012 in December. LOVE IT! This, along with half-price hardshipping for the year, way to go AMHR!

OK - I'm going to take a little different approach to this. While I appreciate the $20 and the fact that ASPC/AMHR is listening to its members and trying to do everything it can to keep them happy - let's face it. The organization is skating on relatively thin ice financially. So, for the sake of argument, let's say there are 5,000 members (a true 'shot in the dark' figure). That $100,000 of revenue that the association will 'lose'. Wouldn't it have made more sense to give every member a free 1 year subscription to the stud book? That would not have cost the association a dime (except for those that renew the subscriptions annually). And everyone would have felt that they were getting something of value????? I'd like to take credit for this idea but this was suggested by someone else (will name that person only with their permission). But to me it makes a lot more sense than reducing the organization's finances by approx. $100,000!! I would rather see the organization be on firm financial footing than have $20. JMHO

IMO how much money that the registry is not getting because members aren't renewing and no new members because of the high membership fee? Now once again you must be a member to do any paperwork so how much money are they loosing when people put paperwork on the backburner because they don't want to have to pay the high membership fee just to do a transfer, or a temp to perm, etc...?

IMO if they want to save money instead of resending back paperwork that can't be completed contact the members by phone or email and save money from postage. Little things like this would help save money.

IMO how much money that the registry is not getting because members aren't renewing and no new members because of the high membership fee? Now once again you must be a member to do any paperwork so how much money are they loosing when people put paperwork on the backburner because they don't want to have to pay the high membership fee just to do a transfer, or a temp to perm, etc...?

IMO if they want to save money instead of resending back paperwork that can't be completed contact the members by phone or email and save money from postage. Little things like this would help save money.
Any time they have had a question about my paperwork, they did call me. If there is a signature missing, I would think they have to send that paper back to be signed.

Who ever thought of this at the AMHR - we THANK YOU so much!

Time to hardship my AMHA stallion

Any time they have had a question about my paperwork, they did call me. If there is a signature missing, I would think they have to send that paper back to be signed.
I think we can help with this ourselves.

Everytime I send in paperwork I attach a note that includes my name, membership #, phone number and address and ask that they NOT return paperwork, if they have any questions but to please call me.

I've never had them have to do that but if they did, it would also save turn around time if time was the essence.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd say they can make more money for the registry if they open back up hardshipping to non breedable horses-i.e. geldings.

Latest posts

Back