We are back from AMHA World Show

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sandy B

Reaction score
What an incredible trip to Fort Worth my daughter and I had!! First off a HUGE Thank You to Sheri Lykken of Short View Stud Farm & Export for helping us get this trip together and arranging for my daughter to participate in all the youth activities. Sheri treated my daughter and I like old friends and I look forward to a life long friendship.

A complete surprise was that my daughter won top honors in the Junior Division of the AMHYA Youth Judging contest. She was 1st place Overall, 1st place Performance and 3rd place in Halter. For us having minis for less than two months and this only being our 2nd mini show to attend, this was a huge feat for Gracie. She did study the AMHA Rule Book the week before the event and learned what to look for. AMHA made Gracie feel so special and they sure treated the youth very well with lots of prizes and gifts. It was even arranged for Gracie to participate in the Youth Parade and be part of one of the teams and she happened to be on the winning Calcutta team. Gracie made lots of friends and was so happy that many young people her age were involved i n the minis.

We met so many people and was amazed at how warm and friendly everyone was. The horses were incredible and my mouth watered during many halter and driving classes. The mare that won the Amateur Junior Mare Title was absolutely stunning!! The moment she walked in the ring she stood out and was a true show horse. I learned so much by observing and watching. Thank you to all of you that made our trip so special and made us feel welcome to the mini world. My daughter and I are anxious to attend our first show as exhibitors in a few weeks. Our hope is that next year we will be in Fort Worth competing too.
default_yes.gif

Showing is so fun. Most of our show experience has been so positive. We even found that one person that had not been friendly with us in the past, was actually very nice. You just had to get to know them. I had found her hose and spray head up by the arena and brought it back to my barn and displayed it for someone to claim. It gave a reason to talk. She was actually pretty cool. I/we misjudged her. I don't think I have really met anyone at the shows that weren't helpful and very nice.

Back