wcmhr show in august

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LittleBittyBritches

Reaction score
I was just wondering if anyone on here shows wcmhr? We normally show AMHR, and have been to AMHA shows.. But, I was very curious to see what kind of turnout is at the wcmhr shows?

I would if I wasnt so close to the end of my pregnancy..i need to learn one way or another how to show..would love to show in the state fair this year

Would you be traveling from Ohio to NC for it?

It's been years since I've had anything to do with WCMHR, but I don't think many would find it worth that kind of a drive.

there is a show in August in Virginia, not too bad of a drive, but yea I wanted to see if it would even be worth the drive. I was interested to see if they show/groom/etc any different. Just curious minds want to know, I guess. lol

I think the general feeling regarding WCMHR is that the papers are worthless but if you're close the show might be fun. I don't know of anyone who feels wins with WCMHR carry the kind of status that a Registry show win carries, and their "National" or "World" show... ehhhh. I'm a sincere non-fan of the business (which is all it is) and discarded all our papers from them years ago. But at least I got my papers from them way back when. Not everyone who paid for their papers got them, that's for sure!

Years ago, a lot of the big farms and trainers would use it as a prep show before attending Nationals. I remember showing about 10 years ago, when it was huge. Fantastic awards and tough competition, but those were the days.

Now there is more competition at the NC State Fair.

ok, lol. I get the gist! ;)

I knew around here the papers seemed not worth anything, so I was seeing if it was "bigger" in different areas, but seems like all around about the same consensus!

If you just want to have fun and show, then sure. But if you are expecting that any wins from there will mean anything, then no, because they won't carry any legitimacy.

A little bit off topic, but recently I have been finding more and more websites who advertise their horses as World or National Champions in halter. I get a little confused because I usually know who the real world or national champions were and then go back to the home page to find that they only show WCMHR. I wonder how many people get duped on that one?

Amanda, I've seen the same thing. If I see that, and actually care for some reason, I VERIFY! Some people just don't know any better, others are just deceitful.

I've been seriously considering going-- not because I think it will make my gelding worth so much more money or his wins will make him more valuable. I haven't been (but have talked to a lot of people about it) but I think its a good practice/fun type show with a more relaxed atmosphere. I saw pictures on the website of the show last year and the horses were groomed to about half the level of the NC State Fair and many other rated shows I've been too. I'll still probably go to watch but I think I'll save my money for my new horse. If I did have more money I would go in a heart beat.

We went two or three years, had so much fun because no one was out to cut your throat or complain if they didn't win. It was great to start out because you were showing usually in an even playing field, people where were just there to learn or to have fun. We haven't been in several years, not because it wasn't fun but because we learned there and went on to bigger shows. It was also to close to the AMHA regional show that it wasn't easy to find the money for both. I too see some websites where people show their placings for World Class, nothing wrong with it as long as its labeled correctly. I also don't see it as a waste because alot of the same horses will be at local shows, competition is competition, nothing ever wrong with that. Its how you learn what is good and what will win and what won't. I don't have any horses placings on my website from World Class because I no longer own those horses, we did upgrade to better horses, thats the learning part of any horse show.

So if you chose to go, have fun and learn what you can. Just because some people don't like it doesn't make it all bad. Heck I see some websites advertising Grand Champions from local non rated shows, nothing wrong with that either, its all in what you are proud of.

Karen Hunter

AKS Miniatures

From Supreme Champion A Division at World Class to AMHR Reserve National Grand Champion Stallion over with a couple of AMHA World Champions in between.

Karen, it was fun. And I remember AMHR National Champions using it to prep for nationals. That included handlers too.

Like you said many of us have upgraded our ponies/horses since then. But we had to start somewhere.

Sorry, was not trying to downgrade their wins. Just the way I have seen them advertised makes it seem as though they are AMHR National Champions and it seemed as though they worded to do so. I shouldn't make assumptions though, that's not nice of me! The majority were definitely not like that and everyone should be proud of any show wins they acquire. As a newbie to the show ring, I have a newfound respect for everyone that shows.

We are newer to showing, so I was thinking fun shows for practice, but not sure if we will have the extra $ this year to go. With a 6yr old and 2yr old child makes it difficult to pretty much go anywhere far, well heck any shows for that matter, lol. But, my daughter (6yr) wants to start showing this year. At this point, my husband and I are showing for the fun of it, and learning every step of the way!

ohmt, I was not even implying anything about your post, you are correct about how some people want to make their wins or horses more than what they really were. They might just not know how to word it correctly. Showing is not easy for everyone, some people just go with the flow, others (like me) find it very hard. Regardless of where you show though, you should be proud of your wins. And while I know World Class isn't another AMHR or AMHA, it was someplace that I had a lot of fun and met some wonderful friends. We learned a lot and were proud of how our horses did, and maybe they do have some issues about papers, they will still let you show so whats the big deal. If they are so useless, does it really matter, as long as you get to show. There is so much negative not only in the world but here on this forum, why try to beat someone up and make them feel like they are wrong for wanting to go to a show to have fun and learn. Bottom line if papers are what make your horses important, then everyone would have theirs up to date in the big registries.

I will say if you have kids it is a really fun show for them and they go out for the youth. If you are just learning or want to get a green horse out to and are close it is good practice for that.

Latest posts

Back