Ways to balance an easy entry cart??

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slonewbt

Reaction score
Hi all~. I have two easy entry carts. One is balanced perfectly for my little guys. The other is balance more for a shetland sized pony or very large mini. The seat cannot be moved back to balance. Are there any other ways to get the cart to balance for a smaller mini? I would love any and all ideas.
Thanks!

Smaller wheels might lower it enough? Then if your weight is still too much on the shafts, some kind of ballast on the back, if the axle and seat both can't be moved?

I've welded weights to the underside of a seat before for a cart that was built really heavy on the front

The best option I can think of is getting shorter shaft supports where the shafts bolt to the frame...that was I can rotate the shafts down lower and hopefully it will balance better and the seat will be level. Any thoughts on that?

UPDATE! We figured out a way to get it balanced! The seat wasn't level and couldn't be adjusted anymore so I rotated the shafts down a bit and hubby fabricated shorter shaft supports.....it worked!!! I don't know if it's the best fix but I can balance it easily with my weight now! No more needless pressure on my little's backs

Attachments

• IMG_0199.jpeg
    IMG_0199.jpeg
    531.5 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_0200.jpeg
    IMG_0200.jpeg
    611.8 KB · Views: 8

Latest posts

Back