Watson, our shih-tzu puppy, is getting a playmate

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jill

Aspiring Cowgirl
Reaction score
Watson, our very special shih-tzu baby boy, came from forum member and friend, Cheryl Powell, who also happens to be a vet. I sent her an update on how much we love Watson last week. Cheryl employed the high pressure technique of casually mentioning to me that she had one of Watson's brothers still looking for a good home
default_biggrin.png

WELL, up until this week, I have not really had to leave Watson home alone for very long at all with the holidays, etc. We've had him for 2 months and have totally spoiled him. Now, though, I will be going to the office more frequently. I was gone yesterday for the longest I've been gone from Watson and I missed him so much and felt so sorry for him in his crate alone until Harvey came home. He is too young and too little now to be out free in the house with the other dogs
default_yes.gif

SO... what could we do but get Watson his own dog? We have a play yard that is pretty big but not too big for young puppies and now instead of being in a crate when we are gone alone, Watson will be in a play yard with "Wilson". And what better dog for him than his own brother???
love0034.gif

We will pick "Wilson" up this weekend on Saturday morning from Cheryl. Cannot wait to meet him and can't wait to see what Watson thinks of a furry playmate his own age and size! It doesn't hurt, either, that Wilson looks a lot like Winston did
default_smile.png

He's already had all his shots from Cheryl and she "tutored" him also for us yesterday so he is all set to be a perfect little fur son and life long brother-best-friend to Watson. We can hardly wait to meet him Saturday morning!!!
default_wub.png

[SIZE=14pt]Wilson[/SIZE](all 6 and a half pounds of him!)

Wilson%20011209%201.jpg

Wilson%20011209%202.jpg
Wilson%201%20--%20small%200109.jpg

Wilson%202%20smaller.jpg

And here's Watson, who is in for a very big day this Saturday... he says he's been waiting on Wilson now for 2mos here with us:

Watson-121308-033.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
They are both so precious! And very lucky to have you and H for parents.
default_wub.png

Awww how cute! Hopping hairballs
default_laugh.png
Congratulations on another new family member!

Too too cute. We have a shih-tzu for about 5 years now and we love him. He travels everywhere with us. He has been to nationals with us every year.

I have a question. Our pup has to be groomed every month because he adores the horse poop and playing in the yard. Do you have all yours groomed or do you leave them long?

Tammi

Thanks, everyone
love0075.gif

Tammi -- with our other shih-tzu's, I have pretty much clipped them or scissored them myself into puppy cuts. BUT H keeps telling me I need to put Watson's hair in a bow and not to cut it... so with these boys, I may try and keep their coats long. (though I think the puppy cut is cutter than the long coats -- H seems to want froofy little dogs LOL!)

Oh Jill you lucky girl. What good parents to your fur kids you are? It gives me puppy fever.

Arlene

Cute cute cute Jill. What a great idea to get Watson's brother. I bet he will be a good boy too. You will have to take a family portrait of all the Shih-Tzu family members when you get the newest addition. I think I saw that you had several. Congrats and have fun with the baby fuz balls.

Congratulations on your new puppy, I know Cheryl is thrilled to see him go to a great, loving home.

Ohh, Jill!! That is awesome!

I remember when Moxie's brother came to live very close by a couple of months after I brought her home, and the 2 of them were like peas in a pod right from meeting again. It was sooo cute to watch!!

Can't wait to see pics of the 2 of them together again!

~kathryn

Last edited by a moderator:
Awww Jill that is awesome!!! How heartwarming you are going to have both brothers and spoil them to no end!!! What lucky puppies!!

Oh Jill, congratulations...oh and congratulations to Watson too
default_wub.png

You know how cute i think he is
default_wub.png

Whenever i hear the name Wilson, i always think of Wilson from Home Improvement...that show Tim Allan use to have
default_laugh.png

He's sooo cute, and I especially love all the personality he's showing in that one-eyed shot. I bet Watson will be ecstatic to see his brother again.
default_wub.png

Awww Jill, Congrats on your new addition. Both of them are ADORABLE
default_wub.png
default_wub.png
, and you are the perfect Mommy for them.. Corinne

Thanks, everyone! We are so excited and I keep telling Watson he's got a big surprise on Saturday!!!
love0075.gif

I'm even more excited now reading how Moxie was with her brother!!! We have not ever raised two puppies together, nor had two that were siblings by birth
default_biggrin.png
:BigGrin
default_biggrin.png

For sure, I will be getting plenty of pictures of Watson and Wilson and them with our other W's (Whitney, Willow and Webster)
love0034.gif

Congratulations Jill and H! I think you'll find it most enjoyable to raise the two together.
default_wub.png

Back