Watering eyes in cremello

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fantasia

Reaction score
Hi - I have recently noticed my cremello's eyes watering constantly. It's clear, no sign of infection.

Would he be better off with a face mask on to help protect his eyes? We are having a VERY windy Spring over here! Other horses are little bit watery but not like him!

I use face masks of different kinds on all the blue eyed horses we have had and since it is so frequently windy here, all of them get masked to protect the eyes. Nag Horse Ranch has a variety of masks and visors if your curious and they last a long time.

It does sound like a fly mask is in order.....There are several miniature horse tack supply outfits listed through Lil Beginnings that carry them.

Crolom

Acular

Zaditor

Alomide

Vasocon-A

Opcon-A

Naphcom-A

Alocril

Patanol

Alamast

These are usually used by people for seasonal allergies.

I took one of my horses to an animal eye dr and learned he had allergies. I use Bauch & Lomb Opcon A on my horses and it works really well. Here are some of the products the dr suggested, in case some are available in your area. A fly mask is good in the wind, but the eye drops really make a difference. If I notice tearing I use it 2-3 times a day. I now use the product on myself ! What a difference in eye comfort!

I think the mask is also good for UV protection.

I clean my Perlino mare's eyes at least once a week...they just are more prone to getting gunky I find. No infection. Just more sensitive to everything... Great suggestions, Marsha
default_smile.png

Latest posts

Back