watching both want to play?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Flirt looks a little nervous about the storm...might just be the thing to send her to the next stage
default_wink.png
Well girls, that's it for me tonight...GOOD LUCK
default_saludando.gif

Lets hope they both go tonight. One right after the other!
default_yes.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
I just posted this on the other thread. Her pH has reached the lowest so she should go within 12 hours. Flies aren't bothering her. It's that BABY!

default_laugh.png

I just tuned into Diana's cam. There are 3 people in there, anyone know the scoop?

The three people were my husband, daughter and friend. Sarah wasn't planning on coming home tonight but when I told her about the pH she came home. :)

First bottle of Mt. Dew has been opened!
default_472.gif

Maybe Diane is going to win the race LOL. Flirt looks pretty calm.
default_sad.png

I think Flirt is watching Diana on cam! First one swishes, then the other, then one rubs their neck then the other. Monkey see monkey doo...maybe if Diana kicks it in gear Flirt will follow suit.

storm is really hitting here dang it. Hope the cam holds or im in trouble. at least we have diane action tonight!

Diana is acting a bit like a human child. The tummy is uncomfortable so she wants to eat...even while kicking at her belly! (OK that is not so human)
default_laugh.png

poor tracy has to be going nuts im sure. now diana stopped again ughhhh

7:40 am here. No baby. Has that pH test been wrong? lol

Nothing for Flirt either... What in the world, girls????

When this started yesterday, I almost posted in the morning that my choice would be mine.
default_biggrin.png
Even though she was not on mare stare and not in the contest. Yesterday AM she had edima on top of edima, though her nipples were not facing down (they did not last year either)

I had her out in the pasture for the day, then brought her in for the night. I watched both Diana and Flirt and my own. I felt that both Diana and Flirt were still too relaxed. They had some moments, but not continuous. Meanwhile, my mare got more and more restless, started pooping all of the time and would not stand still for any lenght of time.

I was right, Mine went first. Last night at 10:00 she gave birth to a chestnut colt.

Yeah, another colt.
default_no.gif
I am now finished and have 7 colts and 4 fillies, the exact same numbers as last year. The year before it was 7 colts and 2 fillies and the year before that, 5 colts and 2 fillies. I AM SO TIRED OF THE COLTS!!! :DOH!

Anyway, I am so sorry that you guys are going through the long wait!!! You would think that the storms would bring them on.

I now get to get some sleep at night, though I do enjoy watching and waiting and helping with the births.

congrats River!!! We have had 4 colts so far so Im hoping to see a filly. The boys are so much fun but I am dying to see a filly by black. My neighbor says girls are always late LOL. Its so odd as this sure isnt the pattern flirt followed last year but thats the way it goes! I guess when they are ready they will come. I will have to call my vet and tell him he was wrong too. He was so sure flirt would foal before dark.

I think God is making sure that I get mostly colts so that I do not keep them all.
default_smile.png

I can not complain, these are beautiful boys. I really need to cut my herd in half, so having a lot of fillies would make it even harder for me to decide who was going to stay and who was going to go. Even witht he 4 fillies, I want to keep them all, but will try and be good and pick only one or two of them (or perhaps 3)
default_biggrin.png

I alway heard that boys were the late one. Be it horses or humans.

I told them at work yesterday morning that it was going to be yesterday. When I left work last night I told them I was going to have to wear a sign that said "my horse made me a liar"

I thought your vet said something interesting-- wry tail? Is that the source of awry? (I love word origins!)

I do too tracy and i bet you are right. Wry nose, wry tail something gone awry??

Kay, I see your cam is not working for me this morning. Not sure if anyone else is having the same problem or not, but when I went to check Flirt I just get an entire screen with only a small amount of the scroll showing and nothing else!

Latest posts

Back