Warty things inside ear

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No,it is not crusty. I've seen that plaque before. Inside of her ear is soft. The bumps are the same color as the skin. I will try to get someone to help me take a picture this evening.

Still might be Aural Plaques. I have had a couple with bumps in their ears, that didn't quite look like the pics of Aural Plaques, but still had professionals call them Aural Plaques.

My welsh pony has one of those mystery bump things at the base of his ear, Not quite inside but almost. It is pea sized. Vet said it is probably a sarcoid and I said "Eeek" too! But we've been watching it for 8 years and it hasn't changed.
I didn't mean to make you say "Eeek" :(

That is good news :). Sound like the vet is not worried.
Maybe. But I was sure hoping he would have had a more definite answer. He said people use toothpaste on warts with good success. I have a product called Dermafas that I learned about on this forum several years ago. It was recommended for the plaque and I have used it on ears ever since. I am putting it on the bumps. I order it from bitofbritain.com Don't know of anyone else that carries it.

As to toothpaste, it's the plain white paste that is used; not the gels and specialty toothpastes. Honestly don't know if it works, as I've not dealt with it to know.

The tooth paste intrigues me. I have heard about it being useful for skin things but have never used it. Does anyone know what it is (ingredient) in the toothpaste that makes it work?
Hope the Dermafas fixes her up and that she is a good girl for the application of it.

Well, I've been working on those ears for 6 months and the condition is almost cleared up. I think it is aural plaque. Probably she had a lot of flies/insects in her ears in the past. I have been using topical ointments and, of course, keeping her ears clean. Just a tiny bump left.

Latest posts

Back