wanting to start raising minimules

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maranatha minis

Reaction score
I have always love mules and thier elegance ( did I say elegance) I think they are. I have a balck mini mare I want to find a jack for soon. she is 31 inches tall. I just was wondering if anyone had any advise on how to get started.

Hi, I dont have mini mules but I do have hinnies. I am sure MiniMule will be able to help you answer any questions on getting started. I do know breeding for mules is alot easier then for hinnies. You also need to be careful when handling a breeding jack. Is there anything you would like to know in particular? Where are you located? Corinne

Hi,

I TOTALLY agree mules are elegant. I love to watch them trot. They have the coolest stride! I have 3 to watch now
rolleyes.gif

Anyway:

To get started, find the best jack you can find. Money should be no object. He will need to be comfortable breeding mares. Some mares don't approve of the jack though so you may need a stallion to tease her with. We just went through that for the first time. Very interesting!

To get the better mules, I have found that the better the mare and jack, the better the mule is.

You can email me if you'd like. I'll try to answer any of your questions.

[email protected]

My hubby wants to start raising mini-mules too.. Who came up with such an idea. He is hooked on mules
wacko.gif
It just tickles me how he has come to adore them! I am checking out your site minimule so he can see what they look like.. Thanks for this wonderful subject for him to check out!

Seeing them is only PART of it.......he needs to MEET one in person! They will steal your heart.

thanks for the help! I will be on the look out for a good jack. I am in AR. www.geocities.com/maranathaminis/

Latest posts

Back