WANTED: 2 Volunteers for Hurricane Relief Efforts

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mona

Reaction score
I am setting up a special Category on the LB Last Chance Auction for fundraising for the Hurricane relief. I will need 2 people that can and will be available to run this. Duties will include posting of all items that will be donated for fundraising, ensuring that payments have been received at the end of the auction, and then contacting the donator to have the items sent to the winner of the auction.

Here's how it will work...

* This special category will be open only to listings posted by these designated people. (volunteers)

* People wishing to donate items to put up for auction will need to email the information, as well as the photos to one of the 2 volunteers.

* Donators will be mentioned by name/farm name in each listing, with a link to website if so desired, and information provided.

* Donors MUST agree to pay all shipping costs of items to the winner. Special circumstances will be in order for large items, such as a horse, where then the successful winner would be held accountable.

* All listings will run a maximum of 5 days. 3-5 days is best, because this is an EMERGENCY, and funds are required NOW.

* All payments for items won are due IMMEDIATELY upon close/winning of auction. Payments by PayPal(details to be worked out by volunteers and myself), check and money orders will be accepted on all auctions. Items paid by check will NOT be sent to winner until check is cleared bank, so it is STRONGLY encouraged that people pay with PayPal and money orders.

* 100% of all money raised in this auction will go DIRECTLY to the rescue efforts. The LB Last Chance Auction will NOT benefit in any way. We are donating the use of the auction, and no fees for posting, nor for selling, will be charged, as long as the items are sent to and listed by the volunteers.

* Only items where 100% of the final sales price will be donated, can participate through this special category, and again, DO NOT POST THE ITEMS YOURSELF.

* If you do post items yourself, under your own personal username, even though it is under the special category, your personal account WILL be charged any listing and selling fees incurred, and you WILL be required to pay those fees.

* ALL ITEMS POSTED stating that proceeds are to go to charity MUST in fact make the contribution. FRAUD charges WILL be sought for those that choose to abuse this situation! This will be STRICTLY ENFORCED!!!! We run and honest auction, and plan to keep it that way!!

It is my suggestion/feeling that all funds raised here should be split up between people AND horse/animal rescue. I was thinking along the lines of 25% to CMHR with their new special account they have recently opened to help specifically for this cause, 25% to Lone Star Equine Rescue, and 50% to the Red Cross special account for the Hurricane Disaster Relief they have open. Of course, this is open to discussion between the volunteers and myself. It is NOT set in stone, just an idea...a starting point, but, we do want to keep it to as few MAJOR charities as possible.

I am sure I am forgetting something here, but please offer any ideas on anything I may have missed.

Mona, Thanks so much for setting this up, thats so thoughtfull of you to set up stuff like this, I wish I could help, but I am just 13 so I cant really do anything, I am so sorry,

-Gage-

Great idea!!
aktion033.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
showmofffarm said:
I had posted this on one of the other threads but I will do so here as this is what I was waiting for....
On behalf of Dr. Benson's I would like to donate the following:

one case of 5# TNS Plus (vitamin and mineral supplement) - six of them valued at $29.95 each

one case of Body Wash - twelve of them valued at $9.00 each

six miniature horse fly masks - valued at $18.95 each

We will UPS the items to the high bidders as per CMHR instructions. 

GREAT idea!!!!!!!!!!!!  Wish there was more I could do.

Laura

www.drbensons.com

460318[/snapback]

This is WONDERFUL! Will you please email me descriptions and photos to my email at [email protected] and I will get them started immediately? THANK YOU again for your GENEROSITY!!
aktion033.gif

Mona said:
showmofffarm said:
I had posted this on one of the other threads but I will do so here as this is what I was waiting for....
On behalf of Dr. Benson's I would like to donate the following:

one case of 5# TNS Plus (vitamin and mineral supplement) - six of them valued at $29.95 each

one case of Body Wash - twelve of them valued at $9.00 each

six miniature horse fly masks - valued at $18.95 each

We will UPS the items to the high bidders as per CMHR instructions. 

GREAT idea!!!!!!!!!!!!  Wish there was more I could do.

Laura

www.drbensons.com

460318[/snapback]

This is WONDERFUL! Will you please email me descriptions and photos to my email at [email protected] and I will get them started immediately? THANK YOU again for your GENEROSITY!!
aktion033.gif

460324[/snapback]

Mona - you should have the email with descriptions/pictures. If you have any questions, you can call me at 800-372-3676.

Do we start our own starting price? If not where does it start?

Also who do we email to put our items on, you?

This is a great thing
aktion033.gif

Lara, you can send pics and descriptions to either [email protected] or to [email protected].

Sunraye, if you don't want to have to pay any fees, you need to send them to one of the email addresses listed above. You need to send a detailed description and photo(s) of the item and let us know the price you would like us to start it at.

aktion033.gif
We have out 2 volunteers. Thank you Tanya and Eileen.
cheekkiss.gif

We are just ironing out a few details, and will get the items listed as soon as we can.

Again, those of you that wish to list something yourself to raise some money for the relief efforts under the category are welcome to do so, but in doing so, YOU wioll be responsible for sending the stated donation to the charity of your choice, as well, you will be charged all regular auction fees.

Latest posts

Back