Want to take a guess? Is she pregnant?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Is she bred?

• Total voters

LostandFound

Staff member
Reaction score
Really I just wanted to play with the poll feature, but take your guesses. I have had the vet out yesterday and am 99% sure if she is pregnant or not. If you think yes, you can take a guess about when you think she would have it.
You get 2 clues. 1 Is a slightly fuzzy photo from the back. And 2 about 6 or 8 weeks ago she had a slight change to her udder, but that was a while ago and there is no change since.

Attachments

• 11aa.jpg
    11aa.jpg
    105.4 KB · Views: 0
Well look at that, it's 100% yes votes! Since the vet almost got kicked in the face listening to her gut sounds we are saying yes, there is definitely a foal in there. She was ultrasounded at 21 and 60 days. But she had a very bad and very odd episode of colic a little after the second ultrasound and I was worried she might have lost it. As far as when, she is 306 days along in that photo, but who knows when she will decide to have it.

March 2 for my birthday or March 3 for my SIL birthday or Marh 28 for my dad and grandaughter's birthday or March 29 for my mom's birthday or March 31 for another granddaughter's birthday, LOL!
Surely one of those days will be the birthing day of your mini.

March 2 for my birthday or March 3 for my SIL birthday or March 18 for my dad and grandaughter's birthday or March 29 for my Mom's birthday or March 31 for another granddaughter's birthday, LOL!
Surely one of those days will be the birthing day of your mini.

Well look at that, it's 100% yes votes! Since the vet almost got kicked in the face listening to her gut sounds we are saying yes, there is definitely a foal in there. She was ultrasounded at 21 and 60 days. But she had a very bad and very odd episode of colic a little after the second ultrasound and I was worried she might have lost it. As far as when, she is 306 days along in that photo, but who knows when she will decide to have it.
I think morning sickness is a real thing for some mares. My stallion's dam had what I called "positional foal colic" intermittently while pregnant with him. She'd be off her feed for a while and gently roll this way and that and rest a while before getting up and being back to normal. Baby turned out just perfect, mama was healthy. Just something some mares do.

I do feel like she has been struggling with horsie morning sickness. From just a few weeks pregnant she has been on and off her feed. She is at 323 days right now and starting to blow up in size. Still no udder swelling to talk about, although she always has a bit of an udder.

It's a real thing!!! My stallion's dam was the same with her pregnancy with him. She'd be off her feed for a while and gently roll or just lay down a while and then come back up. Like the baby is sitting in an uncomfortable spot or something. Hope she and baby are doing good and it will all be over with happy, healthy mom and babe soon! <3

Well she has started to bag up, so she is getting there. She must not have figured out how to adjust herself with rolling.

Well she has started to bag up, so she is getting there. She must not have figured out how to adjust herself with rolling.
Can we get udder pics? I feel like my mini is just as close to foaling as yours. I just like to see where others' progress should be this far along.

Sure, this is her 3-15 (325 days) which is exactly how she looks when she is not pregnant. Seasoned broodmare. And today at 331 days. Still looks nowhere near foaling to me.

Attachments

• 113-15udder.jpg
    113-15udder.jpg
    157.4 KB · Views: 0
  • 113-21udder.jpg
    113-21udder.jpg
    162.5 KB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Back