Want to share these amazing photos

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Equuisize

Reaction score
I was wandering thru a site on Facebook called Equine Calculator and came across these photos.

We're all so fascinated by our foals, their progress and development I thought you might all be as

awestruck as I've been.

I've stared at them all morning long, in sheer amazement.

The photos come from a book by Tim Flach called Equus.

inutero.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

5.jpg

An unborn horse fetus - Courtesy of Tim Flach http://bit.ly/KCkyZd

Horses can be pregnant anywhere from 300 to 405 days.

Pregnancy usually lasts about 11 months, or 343 days. It can vary from horse to horse, and from year to year.

It is not uncommon for a mare to go 12 months.

Since much of the development of the fetus occurs in the last few months, vets make owners aware that premature

foals rarely live.

Thats so neat!

I love those pictures! I have his book and was looking at them yesterday... I think I have foals stuck in my brain
default_thumbup.gif

haha I have his book too
default_smile.png
:) it is BRILLIANT! I'm like Bree I always look at those so amazed at them! the rest of his book is brilliant too!

I have an addiction to equine photography
default_whistling.gif

But that particular set of images is just mind blowing, I love the last one. It always sends me out to hug a broodmare and chat to thier belly.

I feel the same Bree.....makes me love the mommy's even more to bring us from that stage

to one you can hold in your arms.

I just feel so amazed each time I look at them.

The beginnings of the ears, the eyes and those little hooves just make me swoon.

Are there additional photos of this series, in the book?

I haven't seen it around here but will have to look when I get to an area with a real book store.

Latest posts

Back