Want to set up a farm monitoring system - Mare Stare?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

garyo

Reaction score
We are not expecting any foals this year so I have a foaling season to revamp. We have two wireless barn cams in the barn but between the distance, concrete house walls and metal barn roof the reception is crappy. My dream system would have cameras mounted on the exterior of the barns pointing into each of the pasture areas (7) as well as four foaling cameras inside the barn. I would like to be able to watch them all like a security monitoring system in the house and via the internet at work. Any ideas? Can you switch between four to twelve views on something like mare stare?

Last edited by a moderator:
I would contact mare stare. I know there is a certain device either hooked up to your receiver or part of the receiver that automatically switches between channels and Ive seen ones that do 36 cameras! so definately a possibility.

I set up my mare stare account this year and they have been super helpful and so nice to work with!

Also another person who would be good to ask is Tamara Melby at Triple K Minis in ND. She has a setup very similar to what you are talking about. She can have only 1 cam full screen or sometimes I have seen up to 12 cams at one time. She has her cam on marestare.

Call Heather at Marestare. She is super helpful and knowledgeable. Made it so easy to set ours up this year it was unbelievable!!!!!

check out www.X10.com it's camera outlet. I just bought 3 b/w nightvision cameras (with everything to hook it up to my computer) for $169.99. It also comes with free software to download where you can log on from any where and view your cameras one at a time. Email me and I'll let you know how my system works out once I get it set up. Next year, we'll do marestare too, but I don't think I'll get every thing working before the only preggo mare foals!

Back