Wanna see my new driving horse?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kendra

Reaction score
This is Jamie (Circle J Just A Memory), my three year old mare. This was taken the other day, her third time hooked to the cart, second without my "insurance" of someone walking along with a lead rope attached, since I don't have an enclosed area to drive in. Drove her again yesterday and she's already much more forward, less head bobbing ... I've been having so much fun with her, she's got so much personality! She thinks that she is very important because she gets to be a driving horse, and she takes it very seriously.

jamiedrive.jpg

Congratulations on your 3rd drive, it looks like she did really well
default_aktion033.gif

She's really focused isn't she. Are these recent pictures? You have NO SNOW!
default_new_shocked.gif
Good grief I am sooo jealous, we have around 2 ft yet and just got a couple of inches of fresh stuff last nite. :DOH!

I...am....sick....of.... WINTER! and did I mention jealous?

Are these recent pictures? You have NO SNOW!
default_new_shocked.gif
Good grief I am sooo jealous, we have around 2 ft yet and just got a couple of inches of fresh stuff last nite. :DOH!

LOL! That is because you live in the great white north!
default_wink.png
This video and pic was taken on Tuesday. We did have snow on Monday, but it was gone by Tuesday afternoon, you can still see a little of it on the far side of the hedge in the photo.

Kendra, that's so darn cool to be able to see other member's horses driving "in person" so to speak! I love it!

Leia

Are these recent pictures? You have NO SNOW!
default_new_shocked.gif

LOL! That is because you live in the great white north!
default_wink.png
This video and pic was taken on Tuesday. We did have snow on Monday, but it was gone by Tuesday afternoon, you can still see a little of it on the far side of the hedge in the photo.

Please don't take this the wrong way but ....I think maybe I don't like you much ROTFL ! I think you're MEAN! hahaha (just chock it up to cabin fever ;) )

Please don't take this the wrong way but ....I think maybe I don't like you much ROTFL ! I think you're MEAN! hahaha (just chock it up to cabin fever ;) )
LOL! Just to make you feel better .... here's me and Image a couple months ago driving in the same spot!

imagewinter.jpg

Thanks for the comments everyone, I can't wait to clip her (about a month from now!) and see that colour then!

Hopefully I can keep posting videos to show her progress ... I'm having so much fun with her .... or did I mention that already ...
default_wub.png

Good heavens Kendra that looks darn chilly. And no it didn't really make me feel any better. You still have grass where we have ice at this moment and I do live in the moment lol.

She looks very nice....this must just be me but l can't recall you driving a mare before. Arlie has been driving a gelding lately..

She looks very nice....this must just be me but l can't recall you driving a mare before. Arlie has been driving a gelding lately..
Nope, not since Bunny have we driven a mare ... personally, I've never even trained one to drive, and believe me, it's different! She's more like a stallion than a gelding, asking "why should I" more than once through the process! But we wanted to show her, as we're all quite taken with her, and since she's old enough to drive, she doesn't get to go to the shows and only go in halter! Plus, this way she'll actually get exercised regularly!

I did work with Lady Di for a while a few years back, but she was a law unto herself. And Carrie had Robin ready to go in the ring when we showed her last, which is again, quite a while ago, but after we clipped her she got these big welts where the harness touched her, so we decided she was a princess and didn't want to be a driving horse.
default_wink.png

You guys are driving a gelding? I thought you sold them all!

Latest posts

Back