Wanna help by sharing ideas? If so please read....FUN idea

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Diamondinmypocket

Reaction score
So this summer I moved up a notch in life. I found 6 beautiful acres I could afford. I rented it. It was trashed. Due to life I can not yet put down real roots. I join custody of my kids with my ex who is my personal devil. I am locked in a county by decree of agreement. Untill my son is free from my ex, were stuck. It really sucks.

So I started over completely with only a camper to live in. it was how I could survive. Things changed for the better. I now have 2 of my kids full time, and a settled teenager with her dad. And a husband about to graduate college and starts a new job in jan. (not at all related to his degree of course) So accepting the sotuation, knowing we have at least 2 more years if we are very lucky, knowing we want to live by family in east texas. And I would love to someday buy this place.

So were staying in the trailer to save money to buy a house. Were cleaning it up, and are ready to make it home.

The best thing about the place is the barn. Its 100 years old.

I hate to spend money. I repurpose anything I can. I only really invest in stuff I can take with me.

I do the work, with families help. But they need time off too.

Being secluded and private, I do not have many people in my life.

So I am looking for advice tips ideas anything to make this as easy on my family I can.

I only have heavy help over the weekend. I do my planning and small projects during the week alone.

So I have two things. One is house(trailer lol) and the other is the barn/horse area.

This wont be easy. I have a two year old at my feet. And I was given no choice over this, but my landlady got sneaky and rented part of my lot. The girl has horses and thank god we get along so well. But they are 17 hands. She might be here long term, so we have agreed to work together in order to live together. Shes time limited. Over the weekend we tackled a part of the barn and gave ourself a cool feed/tack and pop spot! The barn has been taken over by us and we rule it and its so awesome!

Limited options

But a fun project none the less. A kind of property makeover. You get to be the boss. I would like to have it done by spring. Summer and I do not mix.

So if anyone wants to join in, post here. Share ideas... See where this ends up!

Latest posts

Back