Wallpaper

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Keri

Reaction score
We just bought our house and we're taking all the wallpaper down (the house was stuck in the 80s). Anyways, someone told us that you have to do something with the glue underneath or your new paint will chip. We scored the wall paper and took it off with that spray and everything came off. But I'm guessing there's still glue there (not sure)?? So what do I need to clean this off so my new paint doesn't chip??? Would a light sanding work or is something more drastic needed??

if there is a lot of glue left, your walls will look sort of yellowish. depending on how thick the leftover glue is, you may be able to dampen it with warm water, let it soak for a while, and then scrape it off with a wide putty knife. if it's just sort of "flaky", a good course sandpaper followed by 0000 sandpaper should smooth the walls enough for you to paint.

been there, done that...fixed up an entire house. i LOVE to wallpaper but the preparation part kicked my butt!! when gary and i bought this place new, i couldn't wait to decorate. nice smooth walls, nice straight lines, it was a pleasure!

take lots of before and after pictures. would love to follow your progress!

Hahaha! And I absolutely hate wallpaper. But in the kitchen it just peeled right off. So I'm guessing there is glue there. You can kind of see swirl lines. So I'll try the putty knife thing. But we'll run sandpaper over the areas where we pulled it off with the spray. I just wanted to make sure. Don't want to have to repaint unless I want to change the color.
default_biggrin.png

Latest posts

Back