Walking/Hiking with our minis and ponies - Mile Tracker!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We recently had to take dear father in laws ladder away from him, he doesn’t need to be fallen off at 80 yo.… he is so frail the wind would probably knock him over and his ladder was so rickety it must have been 100 years old😝 glad to hear your hubby is better, 30 days is a long time to be in the hospital 😝

I just want to give an update on our year end awards 🏅. They are on there way to the USA from Wales and should be here in about two weeks 🙂. So if it's OK with everyone, I will wait til the first of the year to mail them out. I can't wait to see them, I gave a general description of what I wanted (for me to know and you to find out 😃 hehe) and she tinkered around and made the design her own. I'll post a pic when they get here.

As far as my hours, I've done about 2.5 more between the boys since I posted last. Ground driving Peanut and Cappy and walking Oatie. Peanut is bad 🤣 now the weather is cold.

Excellent decision, Kelly! Well done! Hubby is home looking at ongoing PT/OT for 4 months. If your papa in law complains feel free to share! ;)

MaryFlora, I'm so sorry to hear about your husband...I'm happy he's he's going to be ok...I hope he has a quick recovery.

The first week I missed posting we had 3 days of rain, so only got two days of .5 mile.

Since then, we've got three .5 mile days, missed a couple of days, and the rest just walked around the property..so only about .25 miles (better than nothing I guess...for both of us 😆).

On the plus side, I finally remembered to measure his hooves after his trim (hopefully I measured correctly) so I can order some hoof boots (if we want to go more than .7 miles we'll have to walk a ways on the street).
Now, I just have to try and remember what model I was going to get.

I just want to give an update on our year end awards 🏅. They are on there way to the USA from Wales and should be here in about two weeks 🙂. So if it's OK with everyone, I will wait til the first of the year to mail them out. I can't wait to see them, I gave a general description of what I wanted (for me to know and you to find out 😃 hehe) and she tinkered around and made the design her own. I'll post a pic when they get here.

As far as my hours, I've done about 2.5 more between the boys since I posted last. Ground driving Peanut and Cappy and walking Oatie. Peanut is bad 🤣 now the weather is cold.
Thank you. That is so nice of you. I can't wait to see them 😍

Oh, dear. Our new puppy does not like to be away from home. She is now comfortable going out to the mailbox and the shop, but going down the road away from home makes her cry. So, since she likes Dapper Dan so much, I thought I would take the horses for a walk and she would go along. We got about 1/4 mile from the house, with her scampering all around like a maniac. Dapper Dan paid her no mind, but her antics make Billy uneasy. She got under Billy's feet and he stomped on her. I was so scared as she was yelping and limping. I picked her up to see if there was a wound but she cried to get down. Holding up one leg she took off for home, crying. She started down the road, then looked around and saw our place, and cut across a wheat field. We came hurrying behind.
She was none the worse for her adventure, but now I know she cannot go walking with Billy.

Oh, dear. Our new puppy does not like to be away from home. She is now comfortable going out to the mailbox and the shop, but going down the road away from home makes her cry. So, since she likes Dapper Dan so much, I thought I would take the horses for a walk and she would go along. We got about 1/4 mile from the house, with her scampering all around like a maniac. Dapper Dan paid her no mind, but her antics make Billy uneasy. She got under Billy's feet and he stomped on her. I was so scared as she was yelping and limping. I picked her up to see if there was a wound but she cried to get down. Holding up one leg she took off for home, crying. She started down the road, then looked around and saw our place, and cut across a wheat field. We came hurrying behind.
She was none the worse for her adventure, but now I know she cannot go walking with Billy.
Scary I'm glad she is ok

Today we decided that she can no longer run around the horses. I put her collar on her and leash. Oh dear. She has learned to wear the collar, but not a leash. It was quite a trip from the house to the barn. She is a "free spirit" aka spoiled, and did not understand the restriction of the leash. But she was much safer confined in the barn while I was taking care of the horses. We will keep working on leash, in case we have to go somewhere public. Don't babies have a lot of things to learn!

12/29
An overcast windy day but I went out and worked with Mint for about 20 minutes. Worked with verbal commands. Also with me going to the ground and getting back up at a walk. I had another experience with her, as I slipped in mud and she spoked and I went down on one knee. Patience and practice I guess.

12/29
An overcast windy day but I went out and worked with Mint for about 20 minutes. Worked with verbal commands. Also with me going to the ground and getting back up at a walk. I had another experience with her, as I slipped in mud and she spoked and I went down on one knee. Patience and practice I guess.
I need to practice that also. It's kind of hard to fake a fake fall--could turn into something serious!

I need to practice that also. It's kind of hard to fake a fake fall--could turn into something serious!
Yes it is. I have just been going down on one knee. I'm next to a fence or tree to help me get up better. She started not walking close to me anticipating my movement and still still pulled away. So I only take a knee 2x while I work with her on verbal commands.

Got a nice morning stroll with Jaci in between rain showers. Around the paddock, barn, down the fence line. Around piles of junk, screenings, between equipment, up and down banks, up and down a wood ramp to a building. Even went across it where she had to step up and down. I was wearing a rain jacket and she is not a fan. But I anticipated that and haltered her in the stall. Once the halter was on gave up acting silly about it. We went about 1/4 mile.

I've ordered the mailing envelopes and should be able to start mailing out the ribbons🎖️🥇🎖️ next week :). I have not forgotten you all, just want to get the Holidays behind me 🙂! I'm old and can't do two things at once anymore :po_O:D. I have most everyone's address, I'll be sending a message to you who I need one from soon!

Latest posts

Back