Walking/Hiking with our minis and ponies - Mile Tracker!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So happy not to be so busy right now and have more time for my horses. Took Billy by himself this morning so we could work on a few things. Stand. Whoa. By Me. And being out alone by himself. He is pretty flexible--not sure about his past, though I know he traveled quite a lot and was driven. Maybe just refreshing a few things. He is 17, not a baby, so I am only interested in basic manners for him.

My friend who has the horse Munchkin that walked with us is selling him. She trained him with Parelli, and a therapy group wanted him. My sister and I were surprised and sorry when she told us, but sometimes life happens. His boots are for sale on the sale board. She thinks he will be very happy with his new job, and he will be happier having other horses for companions than the goats and geese he has now.

Pretty pleasant day today. Bathed the boys then took them for a walk. Billy wore his new boots for the first time. We went about a mile, maybe a little more. He seemed to enjoy them and had no problems wearing them. The hinds are a little snug; checked them when we got home and there is no rubbing or indication of problems so he is good to go.

Attachments

• billys boots.jpg
    billys boots.jpg
    449.1 KB · Views: 0
Pretty pleasant day today. Bathed the boys then took them for a walk. Billy wore his new boots for the first time. We went about a mile, maybe a little more. He seemed to enjoy them and had no problems wearing them. The hinds are a little snug; checked them when we got home and there is no rubbing or indication of problems so he is good to go

Marsha...is it me, or is his coat starting to fill in the winter fluffies?😬😬
Yes. We'll see how his coat shapes up. Dapper Dan has a thick pelt, which keeps him nice and warm in the winter. We'll see if Billy will need a blanket.

It's been so miserably hot lately if I don't have time before 8 am it gets way too hot to do anything.
I have managed to get a short walk around the yard a couple of times this last week, but today we had a whole 7 minutes of rain (complete with lightning) early this morning so it was nice and overcast and we managed a .5 mile walk outside.

(Proof we actually left the property)
IMG_20220908_074652805.jpg

It's been so miserably hot lately if I don't have time before 8 am it gets way too hot to do anything.
I have managed to get a short walk around the yard a couple of times this last week, but today we had a whole 7 minutes of rain (complete with lightning) early this morning so it was nice and overcast and we managed a .5 mile walk outside.

(Proof we actually left the property)
View attachment 48191
Is that the natural length of his mane, or do you groom it that way purposely? I'm into mane grooming right now!

That's the natural length....when I got him his tail was above his hocks, now it's almost to the ground....his mane has grown maybe an inch...and his little poofy forelock not at all 😆
(I was hoping he'd grow a super long mane/forelock...but, I guess that's not to be...oh well)

Managed to do .5 mile today.
Peanut barely has a forelock either, just these little wispy bits like Appys have sometimes. At first I was bummed about it but then discovered it made bridling so much easier. Cappy has a lush topknot and it's a project to get it where it needs to be. Add to the fun is his little foxy ears get lost under the mess, several times I've had ears wrapped in forelock and tucked under where they don't belong. Good thing he's a patient soul.

20 minutes for old man Oatie :)

Peanut barely has a forelock either, just these little wispy bits like Appys have sometimes. At first I was bummed about it but then discovered it made bridling so much easier. Cappy has a lush topknot and it's a project to get it where it needs to be. Add to the fun is his little foxy ears get lost under the mess, several times I've had ears wrapped in forelock and tucked under where they don't belong. Good thing he's a patient soul.

20 minutes for old man Oatie :)
I know. Getting the bridle over lush forelock and little ears can be a challenge! I love ears; my favorite part of a horse. So expressive.

Latest posts

Back