Walking/Hiking with our minis and ponies - Mile Tracker!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tinker: July 23: 1 mile
DD: July 24: 3/4 mile. The temperature was very comfortable but the deer flies were vicious. I always think our walks should have handicap points.😁

You know, giant horse flies add 1/2 mile, suffocating humidity worth 1 mile, walking into the wind add 500 steps, etc. 😂

We haven’t been tracking and logging but have been having some lovely adventures whenever it isn’t bucketing down. Need to get back in the swing of reporting back here!

Today we walked our neighbour’s 2 year old and my 2 year old around the block on Apaché. It’s about 1.7km. Mostly lovely and flat for the littlies. It was a beautiful crisp sunny day 🌞Apaché was very good and the kids were very good too! We stopped to look at some things on the way! A stream, and an old tin shed that is amazing the way the layers are riveted together. 9C1163FB-3E02-4610-8D61-7CF32097D6D9.jpeg627AE47C-6A3F-49D7-9A02-ECE505E70636.jpeg

Love those kimbalina! You have an interesting and beautiful area to explore!

The photo of the child and pony investigating is adorable. They are so similar in their pose and focus!

The tin shed looks quite large! Is it an older agricultural shed?

I do love this shed! A testament to resourcefulness! The shed is owned by the crane hire company which resides there! A lot of heavy machinery, cranes and diggers and scrap metal. My neighbours all hate the cranes that go up and down our road but I don’t mind them! We always give them a big friendly wave to build up some rapport so that they’re always nice and slow going by us when we have the pony out.

I have taken Dapper Dan and Billy for short half mile walks the last three days. Until Billy gets his feet seen, I don't want to do too much, but I thought walking on a hard surface for a little would be good. He goes for walks like a dream. Alert, but not reactive. Looking forward to reintroducing him to driving.
btw, I call him Billykins. Sometimes "charlie" slips out. Where does that come from? I cannot name him Charlie as I have a brother and grandson named Charlie. I don't even think he looks like a Charlie.

I knew someone that got a horse called Billy (it was part of his registered name)....she hated it, so she called him William 😄
I have a dog named Finn and I don't know how many times I've called him Prince or called Prince Finn....it's really weird because they don't seem anything alike....Finn is the friendliest dog I've ever seen, he'll hop in a stranger's car without hesitation ....Prince runs in the opposite direction of anyone he doesn't know well.
I'm happy he's working out so well for you and Dapper Dan 🥰

10 minutes for Oatie, 10 minutes for Cappy and 20 for Peanut yesterday (Peanut was ground driving)
10 minutes for Oatie today. Very hot day!
Nice to get Oatie out. The heat has been oppressive here. People say they think it is hotter than last year-year before--but I look in my garden diary and this is pretty normal. Some years are cooler, but this weather is pretty normal for us.

Latest posts

Back