Walking/Hiking with our minis and ponies - Mile Tracker!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
About a mile with Rowan today, would have gone further but we were mobbed with deerflies. He was very good though, it was so nice to be out looking at that cute bum in front of me again, it's been weeks since I've had time to get him out. He seemed happy to be going and I'm starting to see little glimpses of the fancy driving pony he could be if I could get my act together. ;)

About a mile with Dapper Dan, just he can get some exercise. We went down the road to spy out if new neighbors had moved in. Zip. But we had a nice walk. DD likes to put his mouth/teeth on my hand when we are walking. Today I kept the handle of the whip lose in my hand and popped him before he could do it. Only took twice. But the lesson doen't carry over til the next walk!

Walked 20 minutes with Dakota and Dallas. My daughter wanted to dress them up! Happy 4th!

Attachments

• 0BC72891-BC67-4540-A6CE-1707E579B7F9.jpeg
    0BC72891-BC67-4540-A6CE-1707E579B7F9.jpeg
    242.9 KB · Views: 1
  • 6B7F8D5C-315A-4626-80F5-E13AE5258280.jpeg
    6B7F8D5C-315A-4626-80F5-E13AE5258280.jpeg
    207.4 KB · Views: 2
  • F36938CE-04B5-414B-A61F-21B71BEB4683.jpeg
    F36938CE-04B5-414B-A61F-21B71BEB4683.jpeg
    185 KB · Views: 2
A little horsey girl came over yesterday to see Dapper Dan and Midnight. I let her sit in the sulky with Dapper Dan. I think I walked and ran about a mile because he would follow me. Once she understood about the reins she was on her own. She soaked up all the instructions and took control, though her feet couldn't even reach the sulky stirrups. She was indefatigable!! Then she wanted to lead him over the obstacles and lead him around, asking him to do his tricks. Then she rode him bareback. She was just a little morsel of girl, but rides her big horse in barrels at Playdays. Finally we adults called it quits. She tried Midnight, too, but liked Dapper Dan better. I think Dapper Dan absolutely enjoyed the whole thing. He quickly figured out that she led him far away, climbed aboard, and then he trotted back to the barn. Over and over. It's fun to see a child with the "horse gene" enjoying my horses. Her little face was red at the end, so she had two orange Crush.

She was exactly the type of child Midnight needs. Someone non-threatening but fearless and loving, but asking the horse to do the correct thing. We adults enjoyed watching them together.
I think Dapper Dan is lonesome without Midnight out to play with, so he loved all the attention.

So, I posted this in the Walking/Hiking topic because I racked up some time with Dapper Dan!

.51 mi for Squirt, Stormy and Magic. Just my sister and I so I doubled up with Squirt and Stormy….it was not as enjoyable as just one! 😂 Our trails have gotten too over grown. It was quite humid and still! 🥵

Attachments

• 30F4BBAD-B65C-4910-977A-53FEC4A83957.jpeg
    30F4BBAD-B65C-4910-977A-53FEC4A83957.jpeg
    121.1 KB · Views: 0
.51 mi for Squirt, Stormy and Magic. Just my sister and I so I doubled up with Squirt and Stormy….it was not as enjoyable as just one! 😂 Our trails have gotten too over grown. It was quite humid and still! 🥵
I can relate to humid and still! I got up at 6 this morning and was out by 6:30 to take Dapper Dan for a walk. We went about 1 1/2 miles. A little breeze which made it tolerable. I'm getting tired of summer and we have a long way to go.

Latest posts

Back