Walking/Hiking with our minis and ponies - Mile Tracker!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Feb 12th
Walked Mint and Hershey 1.75 mile. My neighbor walked with me again. I think she is hooked and will be keeping company on weekend walks :D
Yay! My neighbor walks with me frequently. My horses know the word "Shirley" "Shirley is coming!" "Here comes Shirley!"

About 3/4 mile with Rowan today. It was snowing and breezy after a 60+ degree day yesterday and he hadn't been out of his paddock in three weeks so I think he spent more time with his feet in the air than on the ground but he seemed happy to be out. And mostly managed to direct his energy in directions other than mine. :)

About 3/4 mile with Rowan today. It was snowing and breezy after a 60+ degree day yesterday and he hadn't been out of his paddock in three weeks so I think he spent more time with his feet in the air than on the ground but he seemed happy to be out. And mostly managed to direct his energy in directions other than mine. :)
I can so relate to your experience. Consuelo was let loose out of her paddock today to run free, and much to my delight, she chose to race around, kicking up her heels, then return at a gallop to my side. She stayed with me the whole time for a 3/4 mile walk around the fields and through the woods, and returned to the barn with me. No lead rope. I rewarded her with hay pellets and much praise. She has learned to put her chin on my chest and reach up to give a sweet kiss. She has also learned to spin in either direction, back, bow, and paw on command. I know she will not be such a good companion when the pasture isn't covered with 8 inches of snow, but I am enjoying every minute of it now.

I've been walking on our 14 acre farm paths with dog and pony every chance I get. We cover about 3/4 mile. Sometimes Consuelo walks right behind me, making me wish for a rear view mirror to see what she is up to, other times, she races ahead, kicking up her heels. But since I have no competition in the way of lush grass now, she always circles back to me and offers a nose to kiss, in exchange for a little hay pellet. This is the same pony who was uncatchable last year.

Attachments

• Consuelo on winter walk with Neptune.mp4
    5.2 MB
Cayuse, the beautiful ribbon for walking/hiking arrived safe and sound! 😍

When sorting the mail, I said, “It’s here!”, to which hubby immediately said, “The ribbon?”. This leads me to think I may have mentioned it more than once the past few weeks! 🤣

Thank you for all of the work and care you put into this project!🤗

Feb 15
Hubby took me on a moon walk for .50 miles in our orchard…. Oh wait!… Does that count 🤣🤣 JK LOL LOL
Sounds very romantic... we should start a husband tracker thread... although I’m wondering if you went walking by moonlight or if you have lots of craters in your orchard (and probably therefore chickens)!

We did 3km on Saturday... just on the lead... We have to walk on quite a busy road with narrow verges to get anywhere and Apaché always impresses me that he takes it in his stride and not much ruffles him. He DOESN’T like it when I try to get him to carry my raincoat on his back! Very urgent upset little bucks and then he treads on it!

I’ve been trying some freestyling in the paddock after you guys mentioned it when i go to get Apaché and I think we are both really enjoying the play... just running and stopping together at liberty... going around the paddock exploring the less traveled corners of it. 🥰

My daughter and I took our minis out for a hike a week or two ago, forgot to post. We went 2 miles, some of it was busting through snow and breaking paths. 4° in Northern Michigan

Attachments

• 20220213_122335.jpg
    20220213_122335.jpg
    127.2 KB · Views: 2
  • 20220213_115535.jpg
    20220213_115535.jpg
    161.6 KB · Views: 2
  • 20220213_113745.jpg
    20220213_113745.jpg
    258.7 KB · Views: 2
1/2 mile walk with Rocko yesterday. Just wanted to spend a little time together with no work. The neighbor's cows View attachment 46163were very excited to see him but he couldn't have cared less. He is soooo furry!!!!
The cows...."the grass does look greener on the other side."🤣🤣
Sounds like a very nice walk.

Latest posts

Back