Walking/Hiking with our minis and ponies - Mile Tracker!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
3 miles today to the elevator to weigh. Dapper Dan was down to #220-240 and Midnight #250-260. The weight kept going back and forth. We all got on the scale and the guy took our picture. #1560!! Munchkin's owner had broken a toe and couldn't walk, so she used the sulky and Dapper Dan and ponied Munchkin.

Attachments

• elevator 12-29.jpg
    elevator 12-29.jpg
    336.4 KB · Views: 13
1 mile walking Rocko and Kriss Kross.
I have had what I think is a cold, so not much energy. All I could do today! Just had to get out in the sunshine.
Being in the sunshine is good, especially in the winter. We woke to gray skies and icy conditions; barn latches and gate latches frozen. Slippery steps. The horses thought the frosty weather was great fun!

:):):)Now that 2021 is done and dusted, I have ordered our ribbons for everyone who participated in the Walking thread and the Driving thread last year. Since the hours were informally tallied here, I'll go on the honor system and if you walked a good portion of the year and posted your hours let me know and I'll send you one. I should get them in about two weeks and when I do I'll post and then you can message me with the mailing details :):):)
Happy New Year!

More of my freely joining mini. She just loves it when I'm out n about!
Was herding sheep in most of these pics, I was running up n down all over that mountain & she was right there. She tried to help physically moving the heep and moral support for my exhausted butt. She didn't make it worse, so it's okay. 😅

Screenshot_20220105-171400_Video Player.jpgScreenshot_20220105-171624_Video Player.jpgScreenshot_20220105-171431_Video Player.jpgScreenshot_20220105-171311_Video Player.jpg20220105_150440.jpg20220105_150611(0).jpg

These were during checking for storm damage. They came flying down to join me.
20220103_124227.jpg20220103_123942.jpg

Took Dapper Dan and Midnight on a walk/hike today. Our first stop was checking out the free-roaming goats in the neighbor's yard. I wondered what Midnight thought of them, but she appeared to want to chat. The goats didn't want to get that close. Then I noticed where vehicles had made a path across a pasture on the other side of the mountain, so we turned off and tresgoats.jpgmarshall.jpgpassed across a pasture and a wheat field. It was rather rugged going. We went around the whole mountain and entered our property from the back side. Warmish today, so I was ready to call it quits. Taking both of them is hard work. About an hour.

Latest posts

Back