Walking/Hiking with our minis and ponies - Mile Tracker!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nov 6
Walked Thunder .50 miles

Nov 7
Rollerskate with Thunder in the hood 1.30 miles… I am gonna stop saying Thunder is scared of people and start saying Thunder is a 1 woman kinda horse 🤣 he does finally let my hubby pet him… wellllll sometimes, but only if hubby is real quiet and still. I keep asking Thunder, “how are you gonna be a therapy pony if you are scared of people?” I have FINALLY 😝 come to realize he isn’t meant to be a therapy pony… a rock star roller skating pony… HELL YEAH!!! 🥳🥳🤣🤣

About 3 miles for Rowan today. He was a bit of what I've heard called "a meat kite"! 🤣 Flushed a deer, spooked a couple of other times for no obvious reason, etc. I was really glad I bridled him instead of just being lazy and going with the halter! It was nice though, about 55 degrees and sunny, no bugs and not too much mud - but lots and lots of downed trees from the big storm we had a couple weeks ago.

About 3 miles for Rowan today. He was a bit of what I've heard called "a meat kite"! 🤣 Flushed a deer, spooked a couple of other times for no obvious reason, etc. I was really glad I bridled him instead of just being lazy and going with the halter! It was nice though, about 55 degrees and sunny, no bugs and not too much mud - but lots and lots of downed trees from the big storm we had a couple weeks ago.
Made for a very interesting outing!

And another interesting one today! About 2 miles. We had severe thunderstorms and possibly even some small tornados last night. There were trees down everywhere. We had to go into the woods around one huge one, and a few others he could just hop over. In one spot there were several large trees down in the same spot and he was great about it - jumped each one (I was driving him in the bridle and surcingle) where and when I asked him and then immediately stopped and waited when he landed so that I could scramble over and join him. Good pony!

About 2 miles with the horses yesterday. Neighbor led Dapper Dan and I led Midnight. I need to be diligent about putting Dapper Dan's boots on when we are walking on the pavement, due to his tendency to drag the back feet a little. Sometimes I get lazy. Gorgeous weather lately; need to enjoy it outdoors while it lasts.

Munchkin came out to walk with Midnight today. I was going to get pictures, but got distracted every time I reached for my phone. These two don't really like each other, so it was interesting watching their interaction. We walked 2.25 miles but it took us awhile as she is doing a lot of training with Munchkin. Then we stopped to chat with neighbors and he had to show off his tricks for them. I put my surcingle bells on Munchkin and Midnight wore the belly bells. We were sure not going to sneak up on anyone!

We walked to the elevator for weighing. My sister and her mare Jackie O, friend with Munchkin, and I took Dapper Dan and Midnight. I was pleased with Midnight; she was #260, so I'm okay with that going into winter. Munchkin was up #20 to #240. This was rather a shock, as she uses a grazing muzzle and monitors his pasture time carefully. But, he is still a growing boy at age 3 and is looking much more well-rounded and proportioned. We had to ask the scale attendant to zero the scale every time, as it kept reverting to #20 reading. He didn't see the big deal--what's #20 when your wheat truck weighs tons?Midnight and Jackie.jpg
On the way home, Midnight caused another incident--this time with the gentle, easy-going Jackie. We are not sure what happened, as we were all just walking along, minding our own business. First thing I know there is a squeal and Jackie kicking out at Midnight. Not sure who squealed. Midnight has now caused a reaction from every horse I walk with. What is with that silly girl? If we were trail riders, I might have to put a red ribbon on her tail...
The picture is Midnight and Jackie.

Those mean ole mares need to STOP giving Midnight the evil eye 😜 maybe Midnight was asking her if she has gained some holiday weight and Jackie O did NOT like that? IDK 🤣 …. Just saying that the trailer makes Jackie O’s butt look big! 🤣🤣… I got your back Midnight 😍😍

Back