Walking/Hiking with our minis and ponies - Mile Tracker!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The boys and my Handsome Hubby went on a nice 6 mile hike last weekend. It has finally turned a corner and started to warm up here so we are going to be hitting the trails much more regularly! Here's to hoping that the trails start to get cleared of all the winter and spring dead fall. There are so many trees down up there it's a bit like the game "Pick Up Sticks". And makes hiking tricky as we are trying to navigate the gigantic trees that are covering the trails.

Here is a video of our hike!

The boys and my Handsome Hubby went on a nice 6 mile hike last weekend. It has finally turned a corner and started to warm up here so we are going to be hitting the trails much more regularly! Here's to hoping that the trails start to get cleared of all the winter and spring dead fall. There are so many trees down up there it's a bit like the game "Pick Up Sticks". And makes hiking tricky as we are trying to navigate the gigantic trees that are covering the trails.

My ponies would have loved that trek, too.

For some reason I thought my horses needed to be right beside me on a walk. Mindy's way of walking on a long line lit a light bulb for me. Walking two horses is too difficult for me to keep them so controlled, so today I tried letting them go the end of the lead. This was on a paved road with no grass. It was so much easier for all of us. I don't think it would work on a grassy road very well, but I might try it. Maybe being more relaxed will be better for all three of us.

Beautiful!

Please tell more about the show
It was a small show, I went in Showmanship, Halter, Color, Trail and Hunter and had a wonderful day with friends. He won a few ribbons along the way, too. And was also naughty at times, but that's Peanut :D.

Attachments

• peanuthalterjune (2).jpg
    peanuthalterjune (2).jpg
    116.6 KB · Views: 9
  • peanuthunterjune (2).jpg
    peanuthunterjune (2).jpg
    189.9 KB · Views: 9
It was a small show, I went in Showmanship, Halter, Color, Trail and Hunter and had a wonderful day with friends. He won a few ribbons along the way, too. And was also naughty at times, but that's Peanut :D.
He is adorable! You guys look great! Glad you had a good time.

Look at those beautiful ears up! (Ears are my favorite) What a handsome guy. I'm not surprised you won ribbons. So glad you enjoyed yourselves.

Latest posts

Back