Walking/Hiking with our minis and ponies - Mile Tracker!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
About 2.5 miles today. Before the hike, I hitched him and drove him for the first time since last fall. He was anxious but handled it well and I made the session very short, ended as soon as he relaxed a little (maybe 10 minutes total). He's such a trooper for hitching and harness adjustments which is so nice because I feel like I'm always futzing with something!

Sounds like a fun and productive walk Cayuse!

Dragon Hill, I love the name, Que Pasa!
So often that is exactly how the ponies seem to look at us. You know: “The halter is inside out? Que pasa?“ “You want to walk in the rain? Que pasa?“ “What do you mean, I’m getting fat? Que pasa?” 🤣

1 mile with Tinker!

5/23 - 2 miles with Rowan. Also hitched and drove him again just in the paddock - we trotted today both directions! No bucks, and there was even some breathing! At the very end when we were walking towards the gate to unhitch his neighbor came barreling up the fenceline from behind, yelling his head off, Rowan scooted forward and couple of steps but stopped right away when asked. And then breathed a big sigh! Good boy.

2 miles for Midnight and Dapper Dan. I am getting my stamina back. But it is really no fun walking them together. I feel bad leaving one behind.

Why is it no fun for you walking your 2minis together?? I absolutely LOVE walking mine 2 at a time, I really enjoy it! I also LOVE driving one and ponying another, soooooo much fun! 💕

Latest posts

Back