Walking/Hiking with our minis and ponies - Mile Tracker!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
5/3 1 mile with DJ. I tripped over a root on the upper trail (closest to the pasture) and wasn't able to hold on to the lead rope as I went down. DJ spooked a step and stopped. I stayed on my hands and knees until I got the end of the lead rope, because I was pretty sure he'd spook again when I stood back up. He did, but just one step. I am so pleased with this little guy.

Took Midnight and Dapper Dan 2 miles today. Since they are confined to dry lot right now, it was a challenge on our route staying away from grassy edges. When I first got Dapper Dan many years ago, I did not know any better and let him snatch. Now I cannot stop him. I had never let Midnight snatch, so just a warning flick on the lead rope and she minds her manners. I'm afraid I created a monster with Dapper Dan. Moral: do not let your horse get in the habit of eating grass on a walk.

I allow my ponies to eat on our walks sometimes. But they do understand the difference between me allowing them and them not making the choice by themselves... LOL! I have spent a lot of time teaching them when it's alright and when it's not. Here is a link to a video where I show how I go about teaching them "Please don't eat the grass":

That’s awesome, Mindy!

While walking with Tinker this morning, thought it would be fun if I could add up all the mileage (paper and pencil) in October for one lump sum, ...just to see if we, as a group, circumnavigated the globe or anything like that. 🤣

May 7: 2 miles with DD.
May 8: 1 mile with Tinker

Latest posts

Back