Walking/Hiking with our minis and ponies - Mile Tracker!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
4/22- 30 minutes walking Kriss Kross.

I thought it would be fun to try and make a giant flower for you guys. Didn't turn out anything like I had in mind! Haha. I thought we were making some big loops. Apparently not, but it was fun trying.

This is so funny! I never even thought about drawing a picture with the map! LOL! Such a good idea 🤗

4/21/21 - Walked Zorro and Oliver 3 miles. Oliver has had two days off so we backed off the miles slightly. When we got home I drove Zorro 3 miles on the driving track in the pasture!
4/22/21 - Walked Zorro and Oliver 4 miles, but we did the "easy" four miles... there is only one big long steep hill on this walk :p

So excited about this thread! I’ve been off the site awhile and I’m glad to be back. I’ll have to start tracking my walks with Coady and Evie. Evie and I have been ground driving so hopefully I can start logging that too!

Ok, I did some timing of my walks with Peanut. I walk 1/2 mile by myself every night and it takes 15 minutes. I also measured my working area. I ground drive him 20 minutes or more each time I work with him. So I did some magical math and guesstamating and I'm pretty sure 20 minutes is 1/3 of a mile, probably closer to 1/2 but is it OK if I log 1/3 mile for each 20 minutes?
And can I use ground driving miles?

I'm so glad to hear I'm not the only horse person who enjoys walking their mini like a dog. I bought my first mini to add to my herd last fall and she is such a joy to handle from the ground. I naturally started walking her on the road and trail. She seems to love it and now that the weather is getting nice again I'm getting ready to start up again! I'll get motivation from checking in here! Thanks!

Ok, I did some timing of my walks with Peanut. I walk 1/2 mile by myself every night and it takes 15 minutes. I also measured my working area. I ground drive him 20 minutes or more each time I work with him. So I did some magical math and guesstamating and I'm pretty sure 20 minutes is 1/3 of a mile, probably closer to 1/2 but is it OK if I log 1/3 mile for each 20 minutes?
And can I use ground driving miles?
Yes and yes!! Log every little bit of a mile and it will add up. And ground driving totally works. Anything in which we are walking with them :)

And I am so happy to see you here @Minidreamz0581 !!! And Coady too! Whoot whoot!

It has been cold, snowy and rainy here the last few days and I don't want to torture myself or my ponies so we haven't been out. But I'm looking at the weather and I think we will warm up in a few days. I can't wait as I think my walks have been keeping me sane 🤣

Thank you, HersheyMint! DD is AMHR (A) and 16 years old. She drives, walks, and eats all with equal aplomb! ;)

Willow Flats....love the art work you and Kriss Kross created! My husband says it looks like a bear, and you know, I agree! You’re so good! 😊

Welcome ChrisMiller! The little horses are a special type of fun aren’t they?

Like Mindy, we’ve been having wet, cold, snowy so have not hit the pasture or road. Hope to by Thursday, walking really is good therapy, especially with our ponies. They listen so politely to worries, hopes, and, in my case, whining...😇

1.25 mile. We got started okay, and I looked at the radar to see if we had time. Looked okay. We got half way and it started raining. We took shelter under a neighbor's grain bin until most of it passed, then decided to head home--just to be safe. Getting Midnight to come under the grain bin with us was interesting.

Latest posts

Back