Walking/Hiking with our minis and ponies - Mile Tracker!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
3 miles for Rowan. It was wet, buggy, and lots of very tempting grass - but not hot! He was spooked by critters in the bushes early on, so for the rest of the hike I randomly chucked objects into the woods as we walked. Down to barely an ear twitch by the end. And I am happy to say that his new diet regimen has resulted in his belly no longer being wider than his bum. 😁

2 hours with Midnight. Not sure how far we went as it was to the elevator to weigh. I used the new Parelli rope halter. We did lots of Stand, Back, pivots, and exploring. A building was getting a new tar roof; semis; crossing the highway; manners with other horses in the group... Someone else took Dapper Dan for me so I could concentrate on Midnight. Her weight was back up; since the rain she has been on pasture instead of in the "dry" lot. (Dapper Dan was down 20# to 240.) I like the Parelli halter because it is so pliable, but I'm not sure the size is right for her.

The month of June didn't go well for my family. My dad was diagnosed with brain cancer then the very next day had a grand mal seizure which landed him in the ER. I packed up the ponies and drove the 5 hours to my mom's that day. I was gone for 3 weeks as I helped my mom care for my dad during his last days. Then I stayed one more week to help her get things settled and cleaned up. We did manage to go on a few hikes after my dad had passed. It was our way of celebrating his life. He was a great outdoors man who loved the mountains and hiking and biking.

My miles didn't add up to much in June but July is looking a bit better. Though now we are drowning in smoke so that will put a bit of a damper on our long hikes. I still have great plans for lots of mountain time with the boys. I am looking forward to that for sure.

Photos below are from one of our hikes...

IMG_9266.jpg
IMG_9270.jpg

Mindy, I am so sorry to hear of your dad's passing. I'm sure it was a blessing for him to have you there.

I'm glad you shared a love for the great outdoors. May your future be filled with wonderful hikes with your ponies that will bring you peace and comfort. ❤

Mindy, I'm so sorry for your loss! 😭 May you find peace and console in your walks and with your minis.

Beautiful photos...😍

Mindy, I'm so sorry to hear about your dad. I'm glad you were able to memorialize him by getting outside and doing something he loved to do, and I hope that brought you some healing too. 💙

I’m so sorry for your loss, what a shock that must have been. I am glad you were able to spend time with your dad and your family, I was wondering where you have been lately. We all missed you posting and your blog updates while you were gone.

Glad you were able to take your ponies with you! Hopefully they made you smile a little during such a difficult time. My heart goes out to you ♥️

Latest posts

Back