"Wagonteamster" now traveling the West!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Margo_C-T

Reaction score
I think I brought this up here once before, but it was a good while back, and lots of you have joined LB since, so again...

Since setting out from New Hampshire?Vermont?? in Aug. of '09, wagonteamster Bob Skelding has been traveling the US behind draft horses in a 'horsey RV'(first one he built, then, after a horrific accident in MS which demolished that wagon and killed two of his then-4 horses and put him in the hospital for months, in the 'biscuit wagon'(he explains the name on his blog
default_smile.png
, which looks much like a shepherd's wagon. He now has three draft geldings..one a survivor of the accident, his wonderful 'DOC', who has been with him since the beginning. Bob sort of 'landed' in La Garita, CO, and started again from there in late May to make a 13 month circuit of the 11 Western states...CO.,UT., WY.,MT., ID., WA., OR., CA., NV., AZ., NM;, and then end again in CO! He is currently heading for Missoula, MT, and posting some really GORGEOUS photos of the countryside, and providing a record of his adventures via a near-daily blog online at wagonteamster.com.

I have been following the blog since he began it, before he even left on the very first day...and have found it fascinating! I am SO envious of him for being willing AND able to live this way...though he has encountered mostly friendly and helpful people, it is still a challenge...access to water and feed supplies for 3 big hungry horses, keeping them in shoes, etc., and i don't think would be very possible for a female...but it surely is fun to 'live vicariously' through Bob. It's not 'wildly exciting', but a compelling look at an unusual (for these times!)adventure...

If following such a trip would interest you, go to wagonteamster.com, find 'Where's Bob-Trip # 4" for the current trip; you can also read about all the prior trips on the blog. I met Bob in person in April of '10 when he passed nearby heading for CO; it was fun to see him, the horses, and the rig 'in person', and I hope to get to see him again next spring when he again passes by heading BACK up to CO.!

Margo

Thanks for the reminder, I had forgotten about his blog, and I really had wanted to follow him.

Latest posts

Back