Voter Identification

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bassett

Reaction score
West Central Wisconsin on the Mississippi River
Do you think you should have to show an identification card everytime you vote?

I do. I am guessing that where I vote, the city is less than 900 people so I am really stretching it to say that probably there are only 3-4 hundred registered voters. When we went in to register at the primary we had to prove who we were,(although everyone knew us. We just had to prove we moved and were not voting in our old precinct) so from now on we only go in and vote, no more ids. In a town as small as Alma I can see it because you literally do know almost everyone. But in big cities with all the voter fraud going on I think it might even be a good idea to have to show your birth certificate, social security card and any other thing that can prove you are not voting illegally.

ACORN has to big as hold on this. They found 1000 in NM, now are checking out Wi, Oh and NC. I'm thinking a lot of states have more votes than the legal number of registered voters.
default_wacko.png

What do you think? It may very well impossible to keep track of everyone.

yes, i think each voter should have to prove positive ID. I think in Florida we show voter ID card and i believe another form of ID such as State issued ID or drivers license.

Gary

Yes - I think they should require identification. If each precinct had a list of registered voters and a check mark was made when a person came in to vote it should be fairly easy to keep track.

YES! Especially with ACORN involved. We are recognized when we vote but we still have to sign and our signatures are compared, our license shown prior to receiving our card to vote.

Most definiately, yes, without a doubt.. Should have been in place years ago. Yes with groups like ACORN registering dead people & illegals this NEEDS to be done now but I would imagine too many of our law makers have their hands in the pockets of groups like this. Shame!

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, and we do in Georgia. Everyone has to show a photo ID. In Virginia we had to show our voter registration card and photo ID. I don't know if this is something that is required everywhere but it has been every time we have voted.

YES! I think everyone who votes should have to show an ID.

Iowa just passed that stupid same day registration cr*p. It is an open invitation to voter fraud and illegal voting. We already have enough problems with shady illegal voting going on.

One thing I will NEVER do again is vote absentee in my county as long as the county auditor we now have is in place!

I know first hand how the absentee ballots are handled and boxes are 'mysteriously' found weeks after the count is certified that have never been opened.

And before anyone gets their panties in a wad, I want to say, I have actually worked/observed these ballots being "counted" and handled, so I DO know what I am talking about.

In Wisconsin (at least in my county) we don't have voter cards. I think that would be good. A person should have to register in their precinct and have their picture taken. When they vote it should be taken away. Then have a base where everyone is registered (like fingerprints) and it would be entered and it could tell you whether this person has voted elsewhere. I know, I know just too big of an undertaking. I think I watch too many CSI shows.
default_laugh.png
default_laugh.png

We have one location where we can vote, not a choice of locations. They have all the names and addresses on a list. We show our photo ID it is compared to their list, checked off the list or highlighted, and we are allowed to vote.

I seem to recall that I had to show my ID last time I went and voted, they also have to match our information against the voter info they have down and we have to sign a paper...it's about the same everywhere, isn't it?

But yes, I would be a-ok with everyone being required to show some acceptable form of photo ID in order to vote.

We show nothing. I walk in and someone says Here's Bonnie. Two people write my name down and I go and vote. If the second person can't recall my name the first person tells them who I am. We literally KNOW everyone in these small towns.

We show nothing. I walk in and someone says Here's Bonnie. Two people write my name down and I go and vote. If the second person can't recall my name the first person tells them who I am. We literally KNOW everyone in these small towns.

Hey Bonnie that's how it is in my precinct! But it's rural and everybody knows me because I have been elected chair of our Republican caucus for the last 6 presidential elections. There are also only about 600 voters out here in farm country.

I have another brag for my precinct. We are the ONLY precinct in Johnson County to have MORE registered Republicans than Democrats.

The only difference is I have to do my own signing.
default_rolleyes.gif

Yes, you should have to provide ID.

I also live in a very small town, not sure of the numbers, but it is tiny. We DO have to show ID and our voters card and then they cross our name off a list.

Latest posts

Back