vitamin/mineral supplement

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

suz

Reaction score
I know there are several threads on this issue, but I think I've got it narrowed down to three.

If anyone has any input on any of these, please help me out! Thanks!

1. Accel by vita Flex

2. Grostrong by Moormans

3. a grass balancer (powder) (not ration balancer ) made by Seminole

I want something that will keep his coat shiny, but not add calories, all while giving him the nutrients he needs without a grain, but with timothy hay and very limited pasture

Not asking much, huh?

All but 1 of my horses are on Accel and I love it! The one who isn't is on a freechoice supplement system, so I didn't want to overdose her on anything but adding Accel as well. They've been on it all winter and I am very, very happy with it. Their coats looks great, etc. I do feed grain with it and because it's a powder, I am not sure many horses would eat it without grain to sprinkle it on. But, I have been very pleased with it and the results I have gotten.

~Jen~

2. Grostrong by Moormans
I use this in our barns, I feed it free choice in the plastic hook over buckets that hang on the stalls in all the areas where we have horses, keeping it out of the weather. It is a powder and if it gets wet is really no good to use then. Our horses love it and eat it ten times over the Purina minerals in the bag that we used to use. Our vet recommended them to us is how I found out about them.

GROSTRONG BY MOORMANS IS AMAZING! I LOVE IT !!
default_aktion033.gif
default_wub.png
default_aktion033.gif
default_wub.png
I AM IN SOUTH FLORIDA ALSO SO LET ME KNOW IF YOU NEED TO KNOW WHERE TO PURCHASE IT!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Accel I have used with decent results..

Although, my favorite has to be the SOURCE brand of vitamin/mineral supplements..

and..

If you're looking for something along the lines of GrowStrong, I love MarePlus and GrowColt..

I was talking with an ADM rep the other day and he recommended the Grow Strong Mintrate for growing babies. It has the vitamins, minerals and probotics in it.

Latest posts

Back